Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cash my gold - cash for gold

Options
  • 17-03-2010 12:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭

Anyone seen these advertisements ? Cash my gold - cash for gold

My daughter watches tiny pop channel after school and between programmes the breaks are filled with these highly annoying ads. Dale Winton is the latest donkey to take part in it.
    Has anyone tried this ? I highly doubt the give a fair deal. Why dont they put on the ad how much they pay for a gram of gold ?
    Also, they state... "we send you cash within 24 hours"... "and we do mean cash!!!". I doubt very much that they would send cash in the post :P.

Even funnier, there is a girl stating she got something like £229 and a guy says "you cant get better than that", when actually anything higher would be better especially since we dont know how much gold she parted with.

Oh yeah, the also say "old rings, chains etc", "or any GOLD you have lying around" :eek:

Yup I may trade in the gold bullion i got dumped under my bed :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

I know someone who sent off a diamond ring worth £1000 and got a cheque for €35.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SheRa

There was an intersting article in the Irish Times about cash for gold http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/pricewatch/2010/0208/1224263951384.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭TalkieWalkie

WOW !! interesting indeed, but it is what I expected. Thanks for that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭InReality

I dont see how anyone can get a good deal from those people.

To me its seems that any gold jewelery would be more valuable being sold as jewelery to a dealer etc than as gold simply because of the work gone into crafting it etc.

Melting it down cannot be that profitable for the person who is sending in their gold.

Reminds me of those old ocean finance ad's in tone and target audience.
    Hopefully people don't get ripped off.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

InReality wrote: »
    I dont see how anyone can get a good deal from those people.

To me its seems that any gold jewelery would be more valuable being sold as jewelery to a dealer etc than as gold simply because of the work gone into crafting it etc.

Melting it down cannot be that profitable for the person who is sending in their gold.

Reminds me of those old ocean finance ad's in tone and target audience.
    Hopefully people don't get ripped off.

hopefully they do, that'll teach idiots to believe stuff they see on tv like this

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

You should all just use my service.

Send me your gold and then I will send you something that I have lying around my house in exchange.

Of cours, I will be somewhat fair with regards to what I think should be exchanged.

Will be a much better deal for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I'd rather send a $1 to Happy Dude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Michael B

They covered this on This Morning about a month ago. You only get on average 6% of what the gold is actually worth. Can't believe people are buying this crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

This place sounds like a much better deal

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

You know what I don't understand is those quiz shows that run through the night where they want you to ring in and guess the answer.

The puzzle is always kindergarten stuff, and every call they actually take is obviously prerecorded. They'll have a question like "guess the missing letter" and calls they'll be taking will be saying things like "85", "left", "It's an elephant"... who is ringing into these shows :confused: who is that moronic to actually fall for this stuff and keep it on the air.

Also, how sh!t is the hosts job, she gets to walk around on the spot all night talking to pre-recorded messages and reacting like they are real. Worst job ever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

L31mr0d wrote: »
    You know what I don't understand is those quiz shows that run through the night where they want you to ring in and guess the answer.

The puzzle is always kindergarten stuff, and every call they actually take is obviously prerecorded. They'll have a question like "guess the missing letter" and calls they'll be taking will be saying things like "85", "left", "It's an elephant"... who is ringing into these shows :confused: who is that moronic to actually fall for this stuff and keep it on the air.

Also, how sh!t is the hosts job, she gets to walk around on the spot all night talking to pre-recorded messages and reacting like they are real. Worst job ever.

People with dementia. No seriously heard on the radio one day a woman whose demented mother kept ringing those shows and racked up bills of thousands. scumbag company pursued the money too. outrageous

Anyhow - OP -bah!!! I've meaning to start a thread on this bull****. Cash for gold >AHAHAHAHAHAHA ok ok ill sned my valueables in the post and yes i expect a fair deal >AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    can't believe people go for this. Its up ther with the 'post me money and i'll send you my healing energy in return"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

i think that dale winton should be shot i always liked him but now everytime i see that ad i feel sick. cash for gold my ass

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

I would think it's a con business in disguise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

L31mr0d wrote: »

Don't knock brian Dowling!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

^ Dowling is a twat...he was fantastic in BB2, but then tried to milk things and get a "career", BB contestants should be contractually BANNED from seeking any work related to the media, that would weed out the wannabes and deperados and #1 reason for BB demise (and cancellation).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Get cold, hard cash (um... the smooth, papery cash sounds better) for your gold at cashforgold.scam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Lil Kitten wrote: »
    Get cold, hard cash (um... the smooth, papery cash sounds better) for your gold at cashforgold.scam

lol....yeah we need a .scam domain name :P

Advertisement