Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"WindowsUpdate_80070005" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"

Options
  • 16-03-2010 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭

Hi thoutht I'd resubmit above problem here as I had no luck on other thread. The above is what I get when I use vista's windows update. A fix I tries was to rename my software distribution folder and now I can't find that either as it seems to have disappeared. This vista seems to be a pain frankly.:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Your right, other thread not much use.

Try either 1 or 2

(1)

Go to Start / All Programs / Accessories. Right Click the 'Command Prompt' item and click the 'Run As Administrator' option.

In the Command Prompt window, Paste the following command.

REGSVR32 %SYSTEMROOT%\SYSTEM32\WUAUENG.DLL

Press ENTER.

You should see a popup that says the command succeeded.

Exit the command prompt and try Windows Update again.

(2)

1. Click Start. Choose Run.

2. In the Run box, type: regsvr32.exe wuaueng.dll

3. Click OK.

Might want to note that this is most likley caused by a infection or virus. Would fully update windows defender and run a scan as well. Make sure your AV is fully up to date too.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭unit 1

Your right, other thread not much use.

Try either 1 or 2

(1)

Go to Start / All Programs / Accessories. Right Click the 'Command Prompt' item and click the 'Run As Administrator' option.

In the Command Prompt window, Paste the following command.

REGSVR32 %SYSTEMROOT%\SYSTEM32\WUAUENG.DLL

Press ENTER.

You should see a popup that says the command succeeded.

Exit the command prompt and try Windows Update again.

(2)

1. Click Start. Choose Run.

2. In the Run box, type: regsvr32.exe wuaueng.dll

3. Click OK.

Might want to note that this is most likley caused by a infection or virus. Would fully update windows defender and run a scan as well. Make sure your AV is fully up to date too.
    Thanks for reply but did not work, got the following dialog box,
    "wuaueng.dll" was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code as above:(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

http://dll.downloadatoz.com/wuaueng.dll-file-download.html

download a new one. Put it in c:\windows\system32

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭unit 1

Can't even download wuaueng now. Think I'll just give up, thanks for effort.

Advertisement