Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where in excel should I enter the details for countries, years and variables?

Options
  • 16-03-2010 8:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

want to measure the relationship between different measures(HDI,GDP per capita, Consumption) with Happiness over time using selected countries. But cant figure out where in excel I should enter what details so I can run the regression

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

I'm not quite sure what you mean? Is it not possible for you to create a table of data using the cells in excel and then create whatever formulae you need to derive answers from your data?

If you already have the table drawn up then perhaps post an image showing showing us exactly what you would like done?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Excel is not really ideal for it but...

You can enter the data in columns and there's a load of statistical functions available to run regressions, just use the function explorer thing (Sigma button IIRC).

/edit: I don't have a copy of excel handy, but in OpenOffice which is probably the same, there are functions called SLOPE(), INTERCEPT() etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Dancingjebus3

well I have 30 countries and I have data over several years so I want to measure the effects of lets say gdp on life satisfaction over time, whats the best way that I could do this, I know how to run a regression for one year but even if I can get a time serious scatter plot to show a realtionship, any ideas?

Advertisement