Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Route 37

Options
  • 16-03-2010 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if the 37 bus will still travel down diswellstown road once the terminus is moved? I saw what looked to be bus stops around by Riverwood a while ago.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 zj

The route will continue on over the new bridge ( Dr Troy bridge) and terminate outside power city.

I cant believe that they have reduced this service again under this change of terminus...with only 3 days notice,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Are you saying they've extended the route by that much and also reduced the frequency?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 zj

Yes indeed. This is just ridiculous. They change the terminus and sneak in a schedule reduction as well. .... With only less than 72 hours notice.

Good auld Dublin Bus.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

AKAIK the route now terminates at power city

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I think those bus stops along riverwood road are old. been living in Carpenterstown for a year and a half and haven't seen'em be used.

Reduced Frequency... not too suprised... I rarely see many people on the 37...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

The train is more useful unless you're not near a station.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭tskk

Buses are still parking at Riverwood. Had to try and overtake 2 parked ones this morning:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,500 ✭✭✭daymobrew

tskk wrote: »
    Buses are still parking at Riverwood. Had to try and overtake 2 parked ones this morning:mad:
    At Riverwood?? Or do you mean at Diswellstown Road (close to entrance to Riverwood Heath)?

It's not hard to overtake the buses - just wait until traffic is clear. Patience.

As mentioned in Commuting & Transport, the terminus is moving to behind Power City from Sunday 21st.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭tskk

Had to overtake at Riverwood heath....never said it was hard but it is dangerous.....2 buses and traffic coming towards you at 8:30 and not giving an inch.

Completely idiotic they put the terminus there. The narrowest bit of the road, and the closest to houses. They used to have it practically at the heath which was even more dangerous. Whomever came up with that, should have been sacked for being, so stupid. With people speeding on that road it can be very hard to get around those buses, sometimes theres 3 or even 4 lined up there with no gaps between them.

Anyway its moving thats the end of it.

• Advertisement

tskk wrote: »
    Had to overtake at Riverwood heath....never said it was hard but it is dangerous.....2 buses and traffic coming towards you at 8:30 and not giving an inch.
    It's only dangerous if you try to overtake while there is oncoming traffic. That's where the patience comes in.
    BostonB wrote: »
    Completely idiotic they put the terminus there. The narrowest bit of the road, and the closest to houses. They used to have it practically at the heath which was even more dangerous. Whomever came up with that, should have been sacked for being, so stupid.
    There was always talk of a layby being built, something that I felt would have solved a lot of issues. It seems that FCC and Dublin Bus kept saying that the other had to build it. :mad:
    WRT the terminus being near houses - that sounds like a good thing - near bus passengers! Now it is moving to limbo land because Department of Transport (and AFAIK not the DTA as Brian Lenihan claimed in his newsletter a few months ago) was blocking on grounds that it conflicted with urBus serving the Blanch Centre. :rolleyes:

There isn't room for an effective layby and really when there's a roundabout and empty field not 500m away it makes no sense.

How would you like a few buses parked beside your house running their engines all day and half the night. That you can hear over the tv and the fumes coming in through your windows never mind when your in the garden.

There zero need for it. Only very lazy thinking puts a terminus there when there's a perfect place for it just up the road at the foot of the bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

zj wrote: »
    The route will continue on over the new bridge ( Dr Troy bridge) and terminate outside power city.

I cant believe that they have reduced this service again under this change of terminus...with only 3 days notice,

Yeah I noticed that. Still peak times seem pretty unaffected at least.
    I think those bus stops along riverwood road are old. been living in Carpenterstown for a year and a half and haven't seen'em be used.

Reduced Frequency... not too suprised... I rarely see many people on the 37...

Ah thanks. I've only noticed them recently.

I got DB to remove the tops of those stops last year because I heard about one or two people waiting at them, thinking that they were active stops.

Advertisement