Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offy opening times on Paddy's

Options
  • 16-03-2010 7:17pm

Anyone know what time off licences open tomorrow? Having a bit of a session in the house and know I'll run out! I thought the cops put back opening times til after four, but I could be wrong???????
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Last year my local centra (temple bar) said they wernt opening the off license at normal time by choice to "combat drunk problems", I didnt need the booze right away so didnt try another shop, Saw plenty walking around town with cans though, think its normal opening hours, could be wrong though

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

It should be normal opening hours. Unless your particular off licence decides to open later

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Paparazzo wrote: »
    It should be normal opening hours. Unless your particular off licence decides to open later
    Offies open on Bank/Public Holidays operate the same as Sunday opening hours.

So offies open at 12.30pm tomorrow, and close at 10pm.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Tescos told me there not opening till 3, thats "the law", I'm raging, wasnt even going to start drinking yet, I'll be get locked later anyways so such a stupid rule lol

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭wobzilla1

Papa Smut wrote: »
    Anyone know what time off licences open tomorrow? Having a bit of a session in the house and know I'll run out! I thought the cops put back opening times til after four, but I could be wrong???????

The off-licence I work in opens at half twelve on sundays and St. Patricks day. It opens at standard half ten on any other bank holiday. And the gardaí don't decide legal opening hours r-tard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/2008/en/act/pub/0017/print.html
    (1C) Without prejudice to subsection (1)(a), it shall not be lawful for any person to sell any intoxicating liquor, for consumption off the premises concerned (whether or not it is an on-licence or an off-licence attached to the premises), on any day, as specified hereunder, outside the times so specified in respect of it—

(a) Saint Patrick’s Day: between 12.30 p.m. and 10.00 p.m.,

(b) any Sunday: between 12.30 p.m. and 10.00 p.m., and

(c) any day other than Saint Patrick’s Day or a Sunday: between 10.30 a.m. and 10.00 p.m.

Advertisement