Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The End of the Catholic Church??

Options
  • 16-03-2010 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭

This is an important time in Ireland with regard to the failing power of the Catholic Church in this Country. I gladly left the church a few years ago, and listening to senior Clerics defend their sick brethern only makes me feel I have done the right thing. It amazes me that seemingly intelligent and educated people would still believe in this nonesense (God etc) in this modern World.

It is shocking to see people in their 50's and 60's still pandering to the wishes of the church. My only hope is that the younger generation seems to have woken up to the fact that we have been spun a large lie over hundreds of years all in the name of power and greed. I look forward to the next 50 years in Ireland...we are in for some interesting times!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Posting this in Christianity is deflamatory, trolling and of no usefull purpose in my opinion.

I would suggest people do not rise to this baiting.

I'm an athiest but that is my choice. I would not use recent church scandals to come here and goad people.

Live and let live my friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

OP, please read the Charter.

And, next time you want to write about religion and educated people, I suggest you use a spell-checker to avoid any unintentional irony.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement