Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mad Men: Betty or Joan?

Options
  • 16-03-2010 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭

I'm on episode 10 of series 1 and thoroughly in awe of Christina Hendricks's character Joan (as is my boyfriend). All the online drooling I've come across also seems to be reserved for the red-haired one so my question is, are you a Joan or a Betty man/woman? Is there anyone who'd plump for Peggy over either? Just curious :p

Sexiest female character in Mad Men? 48 votes

Betty
    2% 1 vote
    Joan
    18% 9 votes
    Peggy
    75% 36 votes
    Other
    2% 1 vote
    None
    2% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

betty. january jones is the hottest woman on the planet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Joan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

I added a poll. January Jones is unquestionably beautiful but she doesn't seem all that sexy to me. It's the character though, I suppose. Has she appeared vamped up in anything else, evil seed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Tiny Explosions

Joan

Joan

Very Jessica Rabbit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

evil_seed wrote: »
    betty. january jones is the hottest woman on the planet

+1000!

http://theballast.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/january-jones-mad-men-cover-story-01.jpg

She is such a beautiful, sexy woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

What bout Jane? :eek:

janesiegal.jpg

Goes in the "other" category ;)

What bout Jane? :eek:

Yeah shes a stunning looking girl too. I'd much prefer her to Joan. Don't really get the Joan thing myself. Fair enough she has a rack that IKEA would be proud of, but for me they are way, way too big. And she isn't as pretty as Jane or Betty.

I have put much thought into this :D:D

Joan has a very beautiful face in addition to her..eh, assets. A matter of taste.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Flash86

they are way, way too big.

I've been reading and rereading this and it just wont compute. My brain just can't understand it. Joan is perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Lesbian orgy?

Joan has a very beautiful face in addition to her..eh, assets. A matter of taste.

That's very true. Joan just isn't really to my taste. As I said I can see why other people might like her, but not my kind of girl. Betty and Jane are more like I'd like to be bringing tea up to in the moring :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

The main question is how come none of the women Don has gone off with have been a fraction of a looker as Betty?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,322 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I thought the Menken lass was a cracker and (series 3 spoiler)
    that school teacher was dirty as all get out

Joan, though, by a rural 1.6 kilometres.

The main question is how come none of the women Don has gone off with have been a fraction of a looker as Betty?
    That happens all the time. Look at the women Tiger Woods and Ashley Cole cheated on their wives with.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Betty is a stunner and the clear winner for me. Joan is a good character although one I've never warmed to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

joan no contest tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Aidric wrote: »
    Betty is a stunner and the clear winner for me. Joan is a good character although one I've never warmed to.

thats funny, I've always felt that Betty while good looking had a very cold personality, whereas Joan is good looking and damn hot as well.

That's the sexy thing I went. Joan looks like she'd eat you alive, Betty is..glacial.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

[babyoil] Joan is sexier

Betty is better looking

[/babyoil]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Joan. Until one of us broke.

Trudy Campbell, Pete's wife, is pretty good looking too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Vegeta wrote: »
    [babyoil] Joan is sexier

Betty is better looking

[/babyoil]

Very true. I'd prefer Joan though, she has the chewing gum walk... very wrigley :D

Advertisement