Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

As a white male, do you feel you are being made to feel guilty for everything?

Options
  • 16-03-2010 6:03pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭

it's like if something bad happens to a woman or a black person it is automatically assumed it is sexism or racism

Nope, bad things happen, that is life.

Israel does bad things, it doesn't mean I am an anti-semite if I say this, it means that Israel does bad things.

The persecution complex or rush to victimhood of all these so-called minorities/ethnic groups is making me feel quite uneasy. Sometimes shoite happens my dears, that's all.

What people have to realise is there is a select group of about 5,000 people in the world who make all the big decisions, a superclass. They decide basically everything. I am so sick and tired of being made to feel guilty for every bad thing that has happened to a woman, a black guy, a Jew, an immigrant, a bloody one-eyed parrot.

Just because I am a white male does not make me responsible for every crime/injustice that happens to everybody who is not a white male on the planet.

Take it up with the superclass coz I have nothing to do with it and wish you no harm, although the constant whining/bitching at someone who has nothing to do with your situation is testing my patience.

But there is no doubt that it is affecting me. Sometimes walking home late at night there might be a girl ahead of me walking hurriedly and looking around. I will either deliberately slow down a lot so not to catch up with her or cross the street (even if it's not on my way) - sad isn't it, all this so as not to worry her that I am some crazed rapist that I have been led to believe all of us gentlemen potentially are.

Loads of other examples too based on how I have to modify my behaviour in the company of certain people because it might be perceived as threatening/offensive in some way. The thing is though, I have never ever ever discriminated against anybody based on their sex\ethnicity\religion. I genuinely have absolutely no issue with any colour, creed or community. The one thing I have a problem with is being made to feel guilty for stuff I haven't done or for stuff I don't believe. The only discrimination that is beginning to develop inside of me is towards those who blame me for everything I have not done. Call it a backlash if you will but I am just tired of being the bad guy when all I have is good in my soul :).

So do any of you guys care to answer the question posed in the thread title?

I realise the irony in this post too, another plea for victimhood, the point being it's all too easy a card to play, the point being that only a few very powerful people have any real or significant effect on your status/position/rights.

Blame/target the right people or those who would have sympathy with your plight are going to get fed up.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Tender Hoop

white power!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭iptba

(As nobody else has replied, here’s something quick)
    Generally I agree with the gender angle. Not so much with the race angle but if I was in US I might. It’s interesting that “affirmative action” aka “positive discrimination” (aka “negative discrimination” for white people) is quite prevalent there.

In France, they take the opposite view where they try to avoid collecting data on race.

Just because some males had lots of money or power in the past, I don’t see why individual males should lose out now. As I saw one person say once, half of women’s ancestors were male.
    Also, most men had pretty tough lives in the past, many dying at work or in wars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

No I don't.

We live in a society where women claim to be the primary caregivers, givers of life etc -then along comes a serial killer and everyone blames the Dad for not being around.

Simplistic I know -but women have a lot more motive and opportunity in bringing up children.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Oh look a WASP. :(

Elmo wrote: »
    Oh look a WASP. :(

So Elmo - no I am not I am simply putting forward an alternative hypothesis rejecting that based gender and race with one based on gender alone.

Another fallacy is that women when in power do not start wars, Margaret Thatcher, Golda Meir, Indira Gandhi, Condaleeza Rice...........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

How can a white, irish man who would for most part of his life lived in 95% white roman catholic Ireland feel guilted by anybody? Why do you need to make this statement? Racism in ireland is nothing compared to the histories of other countries.

It looks like your searching for something that isnt there. There is v little racism in Ireland and especially not against white people.

If you were a white supremist american, the above statement would make sense? but for the average Irish guy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Pete M.

I'm sorry for something I didn't do....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0tzZ__Z5Qw&feature=related

Hazys wrote: »
    How can a white, irish man who would for most part of his life lived in 95% white roman catholic Ireland feel guilted by anybody?

I agree.

Remember the famine and aftermath.

Male suffrage 1918.Colony until Independence 1921. Female Suffrage 1921.
    If you were a white supremist american, the above statement would make sense? but for the average Irish guy?

Even then Ricky Redneck or Tommy Trailer-Trash are just as disadvantaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

CDfm wrote: »
    So Elmo - no I am not I am simply putting forward an alternative hypothesis rejecting that based gender and race with one based on gender alone.

I was referring to the OP.

Another fallacy is that women when in power do not start wars, Margaret Thatcher, Golda Meir, Indira Gandhi, Condaleeza Rice...........

Totally agree unfortunately, some women will be good leaders others will not. Same goes for men.

I was watching a BBC 4 doc about feminism in the 1970s/1980s during this time in London there were a high number of rapes. The government at the time either tried to impose curfews on the women or did impose the curfew.

But one of the commentators on the doc pointed out that it would have been far easier to curfew men since they were the perpetrators of the crime. Of course that is not to say that another woman couldn't attack a woman.

Either way the curfew was a little to simplistic for the problem.

Elmo wrote: »
    I was referring to the OP.

Ah sorry -but i enjoyed the rant:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

I can't see this thread continuing into something good. The things being said have been said in many other threads too. I sugest Ranting and Raving for letting off a bit of steam tbh lads :)

cheers

MM

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement