Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website on Esatclear gone missing!

Options
  • 16-03-2010 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi, Can anyone tell me why my website www.esatclear.ie/~joseph_obrien only gives a blank screen? I have tried to get in touch with BTIreland who took over Esat but they have flown the coop. Vodafone have taken over all the BtIreland landline customers. Vodafone tell me "it's nothing to do with them. Get in touch with the company who gave me the website in the first place". !!!
    I feel like I have one shoe nailed to the floor!
    Someone talk to me. Please
    Dalcassian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

Looking at the Bt website suggests that BT hang onto the web-hosting and mail of the oceanfree and iol. Presumably the same applies to esatclear.

However the web server has a canonical name of dormant.esatclear.ie which isn't promising.

You've tried emailing support@btireland.ie?
    Chances are that you'll need to find somewhere else for your site, but they might help you retrieve any un-backed up files.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Dalcassian

Hi ressem, (or is it messer?)
    Thanks for your reply. I have sent an email to the BT support and await their reply. Have you any idea where I could put up my website for free!
    Cheers, Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

do you still have access to the site through FTP (to upload the files to the server)
    this will show you what files are left of the site.
    It appears that the images are gone from your site too and that html was created but its 0 bytes. (else it would give a different error)

I dont know that there are any rules that you are not allowed to host commercial sites on that free webspace - perhaps when esatclear was moved over to btireland, BTIreland have different rules and it took them this long to identify your site ?

Free WebHosting... http://lmgtfy.com/?q=free+web+hosting

You know you can spend about 20euro/year for web hosting (based in ireland) and can pick up your own com domain for next to nothing/year.

Hi Samhail
    I have always used CuteFtp to upload and download files to and from the site and there was never any problem. Now when I log on and get to clicking on public_html nothing happens. The egg timer progress curser just stays there. Usually it goes straight to the files I have on the site. I have waited for ten minutes and had to log off. Looks to me like there are no files there at all!
    Thanks for the link to the free web hosting. I may use them if this is not resolved.
    Just now I've gotten an automated reply from Bt Support. They are investigating and will get back to me!
    Cheers
    Joseph

Hi Guys,
    I have got my website up and running in another place. EasyDot.com give free space as a starter pack. :D My old site is still there till the search spiders realise there are no files at the site. Meanwhile I'm at

http://www.dalcassian-images-of-ireland.com/

Thank you guys for your time and help. :)
    Cheers
    Joseph

• Advertisement
Advertisement