Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Truma heater/boiler

Options
  • 16-03-2010 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

I am sure this has been covered before but I would appreciate some answers at the risk of causing an explosion

1) Can the Truma heat the interior of the camper whilst on a journey with the gas turned off? (can it run off the leisure battery?)

2) Does there have to be water in the system to work the heater or does it work off gas like a super ser?

3) If answer 2 is it needs water how do you prevent the drainage system kicking in at this time of year?

4) I ran it for 5 mins without water on heater only and noticed a lot of warm air coming out of external vent. Is this ok?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

My MH has a separate heater and boiler, both run independent of each other.
    Heater should not be used when travelling.
    Which model do you have? Is it a combi? If it is then from the Truma website it indicates that the heater can be operated without water and hot water is available without heating.
    The warm air noticed is probably a result of condensation build up after a cold winter...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

There are many different types of truma heaters, you really should try and find the manual for your specific one to be absolutely sure.

as for your last question ...if you're running your heater on gas, the hot exhaust fumes have to come out somewhere ...my guess is you found them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭here2surf

Thank you for links and replies. The obvious thing was the Truma website. Duh!
    The model is Truma combi 4.
    H.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

The Truma guys told me on the last training course that they make Gas heaters/boilers , the electric heating is only an add on!

The older Combis (Dark Square Control switch) shouldn't be run for more than 10 mins without water .
    Truma say the newer ones (smaller grey switch with dark rotary centre) can be run without water , but they tend to smell when you do for long times.

The heater CANNOT run off 12v directly .

Advertisement