Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The new Kylemore on O'Connell Street

Options
  • 16-03-2010 9:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I saw that Kylemore on O' Connell Street has been done up. It's looking ALOT better than it did previous, I was just wondering has anyone eaten in there since the do-up and what's the food, value for money like?

tnx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Havn't been in the one on O'Connell St but visit the one in Liffey Valley regularly, since it's been done up!
    Food is decent, much better presentation then the old place and it's much more relaxing then the old "Kylemore".
    They do some pretty mean iced cakes too :)
    Must check out the O'Connell St one!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 corda

Thanks Sundew, I must check out those iced cakes Liffey Valley and Town Kylemores and see how much they've gotten better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

I am not sure when exactly the Kylemore was done up but if we are talking about the same one there since i can remember, beside James Joyce, then i have to say it's a disgusting kip.

I had the experience of being there last Thursday morning. I went in after work to meet my girlfriend for breakfast, roughly 9:00am.

The cutlery was thick with dirt, like the past person (or two)'s dinner still fcuking stuck to my knife and fork. These were the best bits of cutlery from the pile of dirt I had to choose from, as I went back up to get something better after discovering this.

The ledges around the place are filthy, like I walked from where you pay, over to my table on the O'Connell St window side, touching a ledge on my right at two points, both sticky. Clearly not cleaned properly. The table i sat at was VERY sticky. My gf picked up a napkin she had brought to the table, only for it to rip underneath her, with half of it sticking to the bloody table.

A disgusting filthy kip and one I hope goes quickly out of business with management allowing standards to be this bad! i appreciate it is there for so long and how they let it go like this is well beyond me.

Never again and I would advise anyone else to avoid at all costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

That's been refurbished for a while now. I remember noticing it last summer.
    It's no longer The Kylemore Cafe, it's now Kylemore at the Spire.

Never been in it. Don't fancy it after that review Jay D.

Advertisement