Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAX Server - Advice

Options
  • 15-03-2010 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hi,

I have been asked to put a fax server in place for a company, but I have never done it before.. The server they are running is SBS 2003, and they have about 10 nodes in the office.

Basically, they want to be able to send faxes from a software app on their machines, and receive them electronically (IE> Into Outlook or something). Is this possible?

Also, could anyone link me to a good all-in-one printer/scanner/FAX machine?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭liamo

SBS 2003 has a shared fax service which can be used for outgoing and incoming faxes. You will, of course, need a fax modem.

Incoming faxes can be directed automatically to a specific email address, eg receptionist, who can redirect them to the correct person. They can also be automatically printed.

Google will give you more info on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭joe2687

Thanks for the reply, I'm just reading up on it now, would you have any good suggestions as to the type of machine to buy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭liamo

If you're using SBS2003 to act as a fax server then you don't need a fax machine, you need a fax modem - either internal or external. This handles the transmission and reception of faxes and SBS2003 delivers them to the specified receipient.

Users sending a fax will have a fax printer set up in their printers folder. To send a fax they simply print it to that printer.

Advertisement