Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving Question

Options
  • 15-03-2010 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Not sure if any one has done this but can you get a moving company to move your house contents to store it place?
    Just wondering as we are selling and we have not seen anything we like and would be willing to move in with parents for a month or two if needs be, but they could not take all our stuff as well. I realise there would be a second moving fee for getting it from the store it place to the new house but just want to know if any one out there has done this and do moving companies do this?

Thanks..............

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,352 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Yeah, there are lots of companies that can store anything from a wardrobe's worth to several container loads. I imagine removal companies will have some arrangement.

One thing to watch is if you are hiring boxes, not to leave them on hire too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭variety

OP, I'm doing exactly this, but for a longer period (moving into a furnished place and storing my furniture). Costing me €100 p/m, which is pretty reasonable.

Just type "Storage companies" and your area into google and it will bring up plenty of options. They often have deals available with local removal companies, too.

Make sure the company is SSA registered, though, and be aware you will need to insure your contents for the storage period.

Advertisement