Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

SantaFe

Options
  • 15-03-2010 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I am looking at buying a SantaFe 2006 2.0 diesel. Has anyone any thoughts on this model is it a reliable car?
    What MPG is expected with them.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭David09

I'm not totally sure but I've heard rumours of appalling fuel consumption on one of the hyundai suv's... It could be the tucson and not the santa fe, so don't hold me to it..

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Dermo123

Also I know of a few people who had to replace the gearbox on the diesel model. I assume you are refering to the older model?

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

My father has an 06 commercial 2ltr,he bought it new.Average is around 33,it can dip into the 29's on cold days with short journeys,he gets 36 pulling a trailer with 2 or 3 fat pedigree's in it to shows. It's reasonable to good offroad,it has 100k on the clock and the most that has gone wrong with it is 2 reconditioned injectors at 400 each fitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Dermo123 wrote: »
    Also I know of a few people who had to replace the gearbox on the diesel model. I assume you are refering to the older model?

He would have to be, its a 2.2 litre diesel in the new model

• Registered Users Posts: 73,396 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

watch for injector and clutch faults. those 06 old models were very well specced.
    I'd be looking at a Tucson instead, one with the 130bhp diesel (06 facelift). not that much smaller than the Santa Fe, but nicer build and drive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭choo choo man

Thomasf wrote: »
    I am looking at buying a SantaFe 2006 2.0 diesel. Has anyone any thoughts on this model is it a reliable car?
    What MPG is expected with them.
    I know the early diesel ones had the dreaded dual mass flywheel problem which was done under warranty,but this was the real old model, The petrols were dire on fuel consumption in the early days,dont know what the new model is like.

Advertisement