Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Successful Irish Formats

Options
  • 15-03-2010 9:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭

Just wondering what Irish-originated formats have done well around the globe? I can think of Lyrics Board and Wanderlust. Believe Failte Towers was picked up as well -anymore I'm not aware of?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Nuacht.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

Garda Patrol ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

The Angeles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭duckygalway

Didn't see that coming :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Seriously and I know this is going sound just as bad as the previous post but this is true

The Lyrics Board has been very successful for the format creators.

I am surprised that The Restaurant hasn't been sold, prob one of the better formats.

You're A Star was used in a few other EBU countries to select their Eurovision entry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

mikom wrote: »
    Nuacht.

I didn't think we came up with the News. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

I thought I read Amanda Brunkers Dinner Party got bought by some station, although she may have been spreading the delusion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

SO far Lyrics Board is the only one, and that was devised by Andy Ruane for his own company not RTE in house if I remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

I think ITV had a version of Anonymous,The Jason Byrne hidden camera show, on ITV2 recently.

Edit: They have indeed sold it to quite a few countries ...

http://www.kiteentertainment.com/

With option deals for the format in place in over 12 territories and a successful versions run in Spain, Romania and Germany, Anonymous is now set to make it's UK debut on ITV1 where Tiger Aspect will be producing it.

Advertisement