Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying in the uk

Options
  • 15-03-2010 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭

im in the middle of buying a van from a seller in the uk,we have agreed the price subject to inspection i have spoken to him by phone a few times and he seems like a nice guy he is going to pick us up on the day,i have done the hpi all seems in order

is their anything i have missed or should be doing to find out more about the van and insure the deal goes smoothly

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Don't be afraid to walk away if it doesn't meet your expectations, reguardless of what you've spent on flights etc. Sometimes it's a small price rather than been stuck with something you don't want.
    Have you agreed payment method? Is seller happy to accept a bank draft? I was in a similar position a few years back and gave the seller a draft, his bank told him it would take up to 3 days to clear so he had to trust me or else give me accommodation 'till it cleared:D.
    Best of luck with the purchase and happy motoring.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭muint

We always use Transfermate and set up the bank details before travel. Then if the van suits, a phonecall will transfer the money within a short space of time into the nendors account.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Any warranty? Did you check it for leaks? is it private or dealer?

Advertisement