Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flight cancelled over BA Strike

Options
  • 15-03-2010 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭

Started a thread in travel but probably more suited to here.

I was due to fly out on BA flight on Sunday but now the flight is cancelled and next flight is not due to leave until Wednesday.

I booked through a travel agent and have insurance with ace insurance

I was reading through the policy documents and not sure exactly where I stand.

https://www.acesecure.co.uk/common/docs/ir/policywording/2008/QUINN_IR_%20TravelPlus_PolicyWording_2008(b).pdf

Page 13 I am trying to see if I can change my flight out.

As you can guess I am not very pleased.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Just had a read of that.

Under section 3, they say they will pay upto 3k euro per insured person for rearrangement due to industrial action, provided that the action was not known about at the time of booking or the time the policy was taken out.

You need to ring them pronto.

Get a fax to say they will cover you to rebook with someone else and then go and do it. I doubt they will buy you a new flight quickly, so you will have to buy your own and then send in the receipt.

Get it in writing before you book anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭Trampas

Thanks for the reply.

They are not open till 9am so will be ringing straightaway.

I have my travel agent on stand by to book flights also.

I have an annual policy which started in mid 2009.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭Trampas

BA have moved me to another airline which leaves 20mins later so all happy days.

Advertisement