Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I change my collection day?

Options
  • 15-03-2010 5:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I was wondering if anyone knows if I can change my social welfare collection day? and/or what happens if you cannot collect it on a certain date?

This is only a concern as I have to go away the night before my collection day in June and wont be back till after the post office closes, this is a one off that I wont be able to collect the payment on that fridaY.

My concern is that i've heard that they hold a missed payment till friday (dont know how true that is) but my collection day is friday so what does that mean for me? it would be handier to change the day to the start of the week -financially planning wise too.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

You cannot change your collection day - it is set by whatever scheme you are in receipt of - e.g. One Parent Family gets paid on Thursday.
    If you are away you are supposed to let your local office know and then inform them when you are back, and they will issue your payment for you then.
    However, payments generally stay in the Post office for 3 days.

Advertisement