Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Pressure Group

Options
  • 15-03-2010 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Can anybody successfully explain why in this day that GRANGE RATH housing estate in Drogheda cannot successfully acquire broadband for it's residensts.
    It's gone beyond a joke now, it would appear that Eircom cannot deliver it, nor can our local politicians. So much for us having our very own Fianna Fail Government representative living in our own estate.
    Really fed up and disappointed!

Wondering if enough people could get together and start a pressure group to try and attain this elusive service for this forgotten estate in south Drogheda?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

I thought the exchange was full..

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Eircom are a law onto themselves, wouldn't matter what party was in power they'll take their time and allow capacity at the exchange when it suits them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

I live in grange rath, and have eircom broadband. Perhaps as posted above, the exchange is full (it's only a sub-exchange)
    you should give Thomas Byrne a shout as he did a lot to get it in initially

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 biggerO

I understand Digiweb’s wireless service offers good coverage in the Grange Rath Housing Estate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

biggerO wrote: »
    I understand Digiweb’s wireless service offers good coverage in the Grange Rath Housing Estate.

maybe so first post promoting a certain product do i smell a employee of digiweb mods?? anyways even if the signal is ok or good speeds latency etc will be ****e like every other wireless product and grange rath has serious probs even with mobile signals vodafone dont work o2 barely 3 have no 3G signal there meteor dont know seems grange rath is a dead zone for any sort of communication and it in the biggest town in ireland this country needs a serious upgrade with comms/broadband

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

jay93 wrote: »
    maybe so first post promoting a certain product do i smell a employee of digiweb mods?? anyways even if the signal is ok or good speeds latency etc will be ****e like every other wireless product and grange rath has serious probs even with mobile signals vodafone dont work o2 barely 3 have no 3G signal there meteor dont know seems grange rath is a dead zone for any sort of communication and it in the biggest town in ireland this country needs a serious upgrade with comms/broadband

Don't mix up Digiwebs fixed wireless with the Mobile operators midband products. What Digiweb offer is a real dsl alternative and has even less latency than dsl.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Don't mix up Digiwebs fixed wireless with the Mobile operators midband products. What Digiweb offer is a real dsl alternative and has even less latency than dsl.

im not !! i know what digiweb is any wireless will have worse latency than dsl its misleading to say that dsl has a higher latency than this also contention kciks in and slows it right down so if you can show me that the latency is lower i will gladly retract what i said but threads here have shown that this is worse than dsl so where you got that idea i dont know so you mean to say a wireless service is better than wired any wireless will be worse than dsl anyone using these wireless services will show crap latency sometimes worse than 3G so:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Advertisement