Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advantages & Criticism of AA and 12 Steps

Options
  • 15-03-2010 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

Hey

I am doing a presentation on the 12 Step Programme and AA.

I am hoping that anyone with any knowledge of or involvement in it may like to share a positive or negative view on it.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Dilynnio

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Shayman

It's extremely biased against AA. Here's one of his quotes: [FONT=Times,Roman]"I run an anti-cult and anti-Alcoholics Anonymous web site"

[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times,Roman]
    [/FONT]

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭force majeure

Almost every one well have their own view on the AA. Me well I do go back to them from time to time but my only niggle with them is they could move with the times as its a bit too stiff at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

AA has been there for me always, you take what you want and leave the rest.
    What keeps me sober might get you drunk, and vice-versa.
    I go to at least one meeting a week. Like every group/society, there are potheads pissheads and dickheads. When an ass*&^ puts down a drink, he is still an ass^&(.

I go there to stay sober and it keeps it green for me, it reminds me of where I was where I am and where I could be if I pick up again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Dilynnio

AA has been there for me always, you take what you want and leave the rest.
    What keeps me sober might get you drunk, and vice-versa.
    I go to at least one meeting a week. Like every group/society, there are potheads pissheads and dickheads. When an ass*&^ puts down a drink, he is still an ass^&(.

I go there to stay sober and it keeps it green for me, it reminds me of where I was where I am and where I could be if I pick up again.

Thanks for sharing. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 LadyJedi

It works for me, I use to want it to change and move with the times but if it works it works, I used to take what I wanted and bitch about the rest, now I just leave the rest and have happy days, but not in a daze, oh puns are fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭anhedonia

It works. Simple As. Thousands upon thousands of people out there as proof it works. Incl Me.

Yep, it seems to work, 8 months and counting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

Almost 4 years and without it I would probably be dead by now as the saying goes get busy living or get busy dying

Advertisement