Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next year ski resort ideas.

Options
  • 15-03-2010 3:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi there,
    Just seeing if anyone has ideas for next year (2011 )
    We have been to Mayrhofen, Soll, Zell em Zee, Arinsal, Soldieu, Livingno.
    Anyone been to a resort thats good for advanced intermediates to ski and enjoy the night life !!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

We were in Ichgl a few years ago - going to head back in 2011. Good nightlife and some great skiing too. But if you haven't been to Saalbach, I'd defo give it some consideration. It's definitely my favourite resort so far. I'd head back again in 2011 myself, but the group want a change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭camo11

Yeah they were the two i was thinking off. At least somewhere you can ski home ( well to the valley ) from. Really hated the cues and buses in Mayrhofen !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 roastpotato

Ischgl and Soelden are brilliant for both - skiing and nightlife...and suitable for all levels.

Stubaital is also great for skiing but very quite for nightlife

Other great skiing areas would be in the Tres Vallees in France, but again no Apres Ski.

Switzerland has also a few good spots but generally more expensive than Austria and other places. Grindelwald was a nice spot I remember. Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

For skiing home - nothing will beat Saalbach, you have a good few options ranging from blues to blacks. Ischgl has one icy red back to the village, and there is a bar at the bottom that you sit and watch people snot themselves on the last run home. Which is great for the ones viewing the carnage :)

Advertisement