Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Difference between 03-08 & new Honda Accord

Options
  • 15-03-2010 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭

Hi, I'm just wondering if anybody knows the difference between the 2003 - 2008 Honda Accord and the new one. I haven't really looked closley at the newer version but the only difference I noticed was the front grill.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Hi, I'm just wondering if anybody knows the difference between the 2003 - 2008 Honda Accord and the new one. I haven't really looked closley at the newer version but the only difference I noticed was the front grill.

It's a different car. Engines are similar but upgraded. Oh and it costs €€€

It's a bit like asking the difference between a Mondeo and an Accord really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭znv6i3h7kqf9ys

EPM wrote: »
    It's a bit like asking the difference between a Mondeo and an Accord really
    Hmmm, Mondeo.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

i think the new style accord is ugly especially the back of it ,the upgraded one i think new last year or this year is nice lookin looks reall wide and shapely diffrent front and dont know what engine is in it,it looks like the 2008 honda inspire.but still not as nice as the older inspire 90-94 verison

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

Seems to be a lot of confusion in this thread.
    The 03-09 Accord is a lot different to the 09-present Accord. In every way. It's an all new car. The 03-09 one got a face-lift in around 2006, that included the front grille changed. Maybe it's the face-lift old model you're looking at. You'll know the all-new one the minute you see it.

i think the new style accord is ugly especially the back of it ,the upgraded one i think new last year or this year is nice lookin looks reall wide and shapely diffrent front and dont know what engine is in it,it looks like the 2008 honda inspire.but still not as nice as the older inspire 90-94 verison
    That post doesn't make sense, see my previous post.

• Advertisement

Tea 1000 wrote: »
    That post doesn't make sense, see my previous post.

was just commenting on the newer one, youre one. i know theres a huge diffrence between the 03 and 08 the 08 is ugly but the new version of the accord out now ive seen two around and looks really nice in japan they have a honda inspire which has also many models which are based on only the chassis of the accords but look similar in shape but the inspire had a new version released in 08 and the new accord looks very similar .maybe no relevance to your post so sorry

no need to get upset :):):):)

was just commenting on the newer one, youre one. i know theres a huge diffrence between the 03 and 08 the 08 is ugly but theres a new version of the accord out now ive seen two around and looks really nice in japan they have a honda inspire which has also many models which are based on only the chassis of the accords but look similar in shape but the inspire had a new version released in 08 and the new accord looks very similar .maybe no relevance to your post so sorry

no need to get upset :):):):)
    I'm not upset, but you said that you thought the new shape Accord was ugly, but the upgraded one was nice. They're the same car! The upgraded one that came out last year is the new shape Accord! An all-new model.
    That's why I said your post didn't make sense.

Tea 1000 wrote: »
    I'm not upset, but you said that you thought the new shape Accord was ugly, but the upgraded one was nice. They're the same car! The upgraded one that came out last year is the new shape Accord! An all-new model.
    That's why I said your post didn't make sense.

yea sorry i ment the 1st of the new style ,when did that one arrive maybe o7 o8,then they upgraded it but looked the same ,but yes the all new one out now is totaly diffrent ,massive improvmet when i saw it first i though it was the 08 inspire if your into your hondas google it very nice car

i own the 92 version of it which is a completly diffrent shape and car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

The Inspire is the Accord in the US (bit like our Accord is the Acura TSX over there)

http://automobiles.honda.com/accord-sedan/

JHMEG wrote: »
    The Inspire is the Accord in the US (bit like our Accord is the Acura TSX over there)

http://automobiles.honda.com/accord-sedan/

its accord inspire ,but only built on the chassis of the accord ,engine is diffrent also the interior

my one for example is built on the 1990 accords frame ,however the frame is extended it has a diffrent engine and the inside is a complete diffrent car
    on the outside the side looks similar the front is diffrent and the back.has a few oddball setups

new inspire

http://images.google.ie/imgres?imgurl=http://images.paultan.org/images/Honda_Inspire_Modulo_Touring_Concept_1_Large.jpg&imgrefurl=http://paultan.org/2008/01/03/honda-inspire-modulo-touring-concept/&usg=__TsEHuLgnqKoZgicDepIbqTjLemU=&h=433&w=800&sz=83&hl=en&start=1&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=gJNPhvkBtluBTM:&tbnh=77&tbnw=143&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dhonda%2Binspire%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DX%26rlz%3D1T4ADBF_enIE301IE301%26tbs%3Disch:1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭stezie

Are you intersted in a specific version of the accord? ie on the 2003 to March 2008 you could have these different versions: 2.0 petrol (sport and executive) 2.4 petrol (type S and exec) or 2.2 Diesel (sport and executive) - Not to mention the Jap import Accord Euro R....

Or do you want to know the main chassis difference between the 2003 - 2008 model and the 2008 - present model?

Advertisement