Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

paying off credit card - will any bank do or only your bank???

Options
  • 14-03-2010 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭

Hello,

Can a person pay money into their credit card in any bank or only the bank with which they have the credit card?

I mean can an AIB credit card holder pay an amount due by going to the BOI.

I'm fairly certain the answer is no, but I want to be sure.

Cheers

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,910 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

If you have the giro from the bottom of the bill you should be able to pay in any bank. The only exception to this is MBNA, which can only be paid in the Post Office.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭InisMor

Thanks Toots.

Any idea how it would take to process?

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,910 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

If you pay it in another bank it could take 5 to 7 days to reach the credit card because it would have to go through the interbank clearing process.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭InisMor

Toots* wrote: »
    If you pay it in another bank it could take 5 to 7 days to reach the credit card because it would have to go through the interbank clearing process.

Thanks.

Advertisement