Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa card or Mastercard

Options
  • 14-03-2010 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭

Hey, I am currently with Bank Of Ireland for almost half of year already, and I was wondering, how to get a Visa card or MasterCard which I could use online for buy stuff, for example to add creditcard to paypal.com account and buy from ebay.

Is it even possible?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

arleitiss wrote: »
    Hey, I am currently with Bank Of Ireland for almost half of year already, and I was wondering, how to get a Visa card or MasterCard which I could use online for buy stuff, for example to add creditcard to paypal.com account and buy from ebay.

Is it even possible?

Thanks.

you just apply for a credit card with your bank. BOI do mastercards. You apply and then see if they will give you one. Generally you will need to be working and show them this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You can apply for a credit card with any bank or company that does credit cards. Like most banks, or MBNA, teco etc.

You might consider moving your current account to ulster bank and getting a Visa debit card with them, as they dont use laser cards anymore. The Visa debit cards works online including paypal, in atm machines and around the world in shops etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

but what if I am only 17 and I am still in school not working?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Then you wont get a credit card, unless your parents want to give you one from their account if they have a credit card.

Using the visa debit like a already suggested, or go with a prepaid card like 3v

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

If you're only 17, you can get one through your parents account.

But you can still get a Visa Debit card through Ulster Bank. It's accepted everywhere that Visa is, except the money is deducted from your account instantly, rather than you getting a bill every month.

• Advertisement
Advertisement