Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance Companies-Driving other cars

Options
  • 14-03-2010 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi folks,

At the moment I'm insured with Quinn Direct on a commercial policy which also covers me to drive other commercial vehicles as standard. It very handy as my old man has a jeep and we often swap vehicles and I'm always jumping into various vans etc and can drive them with no worry as to insurance.

Now my problem is I hate Quinn direct but they seem to be the only company to offer this to u25...(I'm 24) I don't mind paying a bit extra to have this.

So anyone have any dealings with any other compnaies to the same effect?

Cheers

J

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭kkhornet

Are you 100% that quinn offer a third party extension on comercial policies.
    I know they do with private motor policies but didnt think they did with commercial.
    Two of my friends have commercial policies with quinn and they enquired into this before and were told no that they could not drive other commercial vehicles

• Registered Users Posts: 10,487 ✭✭✭✭guil

i had a commercial and private policy with quinn 2 years ago, they definately didnt offer it on commercial then so i'd double check if i were u

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

kkhornet wrote: »
    Are you 100% that quinn offer a third party extension on comercial policies.
    I know they do with private motor policies but didnt think they did with commercial.
    Two of my friends have commercial policies with quinn and they enquired into this before and were told no that they could not drive other commercial vehicles

Lads your correct i have a commercial policy and just read the t&cs and im not covered to drive anything else:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 28 reidyj

Hi guys, going to double check now on my old policy. But i gave in and did re new with axa but they don't offer what i wanted. After i renewed a broker got back to me with a quote which was competitive and did offer cover on any commercial. He was nass insurance and was insuring it with a new crowd called setanta. Like i said, he was too late for me but hope it'll benefit someone else.

Advertisement