Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conversations of the Saints

Options
  • 14-03-2010 2:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭

892-TN.JPG

I bought the above book at my local parish ( St.Josephs Redemptorist Church ) and I must admit although I have not read all of it, its quite entertaining and very informative on the Spiritual life, it contains spiritual wisdom from Gods chosen and often with a pinch of great humour thrown in for good measure. Anyone bought the book? if so what are your thoughts?

Ultimately in this thread I would like you all to quote us some of the best quotes/conversations of a Saint you've heard that really stuck with you and that helped or continues to help you in your day to day worship of the Lord. They dont have to be from the book above, I just thought I'd throw in the book incase anyone was interested in finding out the conversations of the Saints.

My favourite one ( and its not in the book, at least I dont think so ) is St.Padre Pios. It was his birthday and they were eating and drinking wine at the table to celebrate, then all of a sudden a fellow brother jumped up and shouted in Italian ''to Padre Pio, may he live to be a hundred.'' to which Padre Pio replied ...''what did I ever do to you?'' :D

Pax Christi
    Stephen <3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭kelly1

My favourite one ( and its not in the book, at least I dont think so ) is St.Padre Pios. It was his birthday and they were eating and drinking wine at the table to celebrate, then all of a sudden a fellow brother jumped up and shouted in Italian ''to Padre Pio, may he live to be a hundred.'' to which Padre Pio replied ...''what did I ever do to you?'' :D
    :D

Advertisement