Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Outlet Centre - No more campers

Options
  • 13-03-2010 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Went to Killarney retail outlet today and haven't been for a while - imagine my surprise when my entry was marred by a BARRIER !! This park was always used by campers to park for the day or part of while shopping in Killarney. There was always a night time barrier there so I can't understand why the council have decided to block campers during the day - parking is on a per hour basis anyway. Wouldn't this just cheese you off, given the state of our economy!You would think that towns would be trying to promote business and tourism of all kinds but no, not Killarney !!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭niloc1951

denmar wrote: »
    Went to Killarney retail outlet today and haven't been for a while - imagine my surprise when my entry was marred by a BARRIER !! This park was always used by campers to park for the day or part of while shopping in Killarney. There was always a night time barrier there so I can't understand why the council have decided to block campers during the day - parking is on a per hour basis anyway. Wouldn't this just cheese you off, given the state of our economy!You would think that towns would be trying to promote business and tourism of all kinds but no, not Killarney !!!
    Next time come to Cork to spend your dosh. Below is an extract from a communication I received from the Traffic Division of Cork City Council.
    ........... Going forward we may consider bringing forward proposals to amend the City’s Bye-laws to allow for the provision of facilities for motor caravans, if present financial constraints allow for the development of such ideas. In the meantime, I am pleased to report that since last year, we have made parking available to motor caravans at the Black Ash Park ‘n Ride facility. Whilst we do not provide any overnight facility for parkers there ...........
    It's at N51.87855 W08.46677

Advertisement