Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Vista and Internet Issues

Options
  • 13-03-2010 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have been trying to get my friend's laptop back to normal. All of sudden (or she said so) no other applications including Firefox, IE, Yahoo Messenger, etc can connect to the internet anymore. Except Skype!

I have uninstalled the anti-virus, disable the firewall, etc and also use system restore few times but no luck. The problem won't just go away! In fact, Windows Update also works and still manages to download the updates in the background. But no internet explorer or firefox working!

I have no idea what's wrong with this laptop anymore. Obviously it can connect to any wi-fi or LAN network but only Skype works!

The only solution that should really work is to do system recovery but we are waiting for the disc from the laptop manufacturer.

Any idea what could cause this annoyance?

Cheers,
    M

Advertisement