Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick questionnaire RE: Final Grades

Options
  • 13-03-2010 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi, I'm doing a small paper on The Wire, and Final Grades is my case study, so it would help me greatly if you could fill out a small questionnaire about the episode.

If you need to be reminded of the events of Final Grades have a look at the closing montage. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOgAQbwKqzA

The questions are:

1. Would you say The Wire broke many of the accepted rules/norms of a police drama? Yes or No

2. Do you often feel sympathy towards the criminals portrayed in Final Grades? Yes or No

3. If you do feel sympathy for some of the criminals, please briefly explain why.

4. Do you think the political system we see in Final Grades is shown in a negative light? If so how is this done?

5. Do you have a feeling of disillusionment with the institutions portrayed in the show, such as the school and political systems, at the end of Final Grades? Yes or No

6. Do you think the representation of Baltimore in this episode reflects the dominant ideas many Americans have of their society? Please briefly explain why.

7. If you thought this episode doesn’t reflect the dominant idea many Americans have of their society, do you think this had a negative impact upon the show’s ratings. Yes No.

If you see this after Friday the 19th you can ignore it. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Acquiesce

I should have said this in my OP, but the answers don't have to be long my any means, an sentence ot two is more then enough and obviously the questions with Yes and No as options just need a one word answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Acquiesce

Any sort of answer would be greatly appreciated, I need to have this by Friday! :o:)

Advertisement