Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fee Free Banking?

Options
  • 13-03-2010 1:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭

Hi

My Mum has a post bank account for receiving social welfare payments. She never had an account before she opened the post bank account a few months ago.

Now that they're closing, I'm looking for a fee free current account for her that hasn't got any catches like AIB and BOI which state that you must pay a bill online and make a purchase in a shop with your Debit card.

Does anyone know of a current account that offers this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭homer911

I use NIB - not many branches but excellent internet banking and a variety of fee-free current accounts

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭havana

homer911 wrote: »
    I use NIB - not many branches but excellent internet banking and a variety of fee-free current accounts

Agree....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭bazza1

havana wrote: »
    Agree....
    good for online banking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

Even if there is an NIB branch close to the OP's mother - they are soon going to stop taking in or giving out cash - which might be a problem for some people?

http://www.moneyguideireland.com/no-more-cash-at-nib.html

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,909 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

What age is your mum? If she is over 60 most of the banks have a fee free package. If she doesn't need to have standing orders or direct debits on the account she could open a demand deposit account with any of the banks. It's even possible to get an ATM card for it, and there's no fees.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I know AIB have 60+ fee free offer, with the added advantage that she can made lodgements/withdrawals at pretty much any post office.

Advertisement