Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone app, can someone point me in the right direction please?

Options
  • 13-03-2010 12:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭

Hi guys.

I have a great idea for an app, I have searched numerous times for a similar app, but their seems to be nothing out there remotely similar, and I believe theirs a serious gap in the Market for my idea.
    I have absolutely zero experience in creating an app or writing software programmes, so I'm wondering do I approach a third party with my idea and ask them to develop something on my behalf, or do I go it alone?
    Am I at risk of any third party robbing my idea, if so how do I protect my interests?
    I believe my idea could make me millions! And I KNOW that if this app existed now, I personally would need to use this app on an almost daily basis!
    Sometimes you know you have come up with gold? I believe deep down that this idea could be a moneymaker!

Where to go from here though?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,575 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

there are a few developers who post on the apple media devices forum and the O2 forums over on O2. You could try them. It seems very unlikely you've found a million dollar idea that no-one else has anything like, but if you have, then take the risk of getting it developed rather than worrying about somebody stealing an idea that you haven't the ability to develop yourself.

Get a simple contract done up and away you go..

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭synacron trion

Irish iPhone developers. I know quite a lot of them. Very good people.

http://www.apps.ie/developers.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Good luck with your idea, but FYI most apps, even successful apps don't make much money at all.

Apps.ie is the best place to start.

Advertisement