Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Vista is crashing at the startup

Options
  • 13-03-2010 10:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Lets starts from the begining:

3 days back I updated my laptop (sony vaoi) - I didnt do it for a while. After rebooting and working on in for few minutes I got blue screen.
    Ok, I used windows recover, went back until 3 days back (just in case) and reboot it. It as ok for like half an hours and then again blue screen. I marked options to not reboot computer aftre errors, so I could see the code and with next rebooting similar dots as those appeareed and didnt leave my screen since:
    http://i16.tinypic.com/33ccjmh.jpg
    and blue screen error during loading windows:
    0x00000050
    I was thinking its video drivers, so I went to safe mode (no dots on safe mode - only when normal Windows is loading) and instal driver from sony support page and reboot.
    Again it was fine for maybe an hour and again blue screen, same error. again restored system till 2 weeks back and I went to safe mode, uninstall all updates, I re-intall antivir and istall new driver for video card.
    Same screen with dots apperared and windows did not want to load no matter what I did.
    I emailed vaio support and I got answer to do memory check (I did it eralier no errors) and then do complete restore system.
    So I backed up all my files and I restored system and bios.
    Then instalation of windows has started and I had such a good feelings when it has finished, but no, after putting local settigs and accout name in the end of instalation, computer reboot himslef and again dots, blue screen and same error, but now I cant go even to safe mode - Windows is saying that instalation is not finished so I cant use safe mode.
    I googled problem and on Vista site and is sayign its memory problem - ok, scanned it with cd that I borrowed from firend and nothing - no errors.
    I think it might be damage with RAM or nvidia card, but I'm not sure. As I'm not too much experienced in laptop hardware (I know bits and piecies), I do not want to mess up anything (and my laptops varannity is gone)
    Is there any hope for me to fix it myself, or shall I go to repair point to get memory/video card changed?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

if the problem only occured with the update you can more or less rule out hardware

if all else fails, system restore, check thoroughly for malware and reapply the patches a few at a time so you can catch which one did it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 opty123

Well. problem is that Vista did not finish instalation so normal or safe mode is not accesible for me - blue screen each time when I trien to run it. So I cant install patches :(
    I can run instalation/recovery from the cd or recovery particion, but I cant run windows from cd (tried -blue screen again)
    I've scaned system for viruses etc and seems to be ok

Advertisement