Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Goods Store IPA

Options
  • 12-03-2010 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭

Does beer get any better? Discuss :D

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

:D
    Actually, I had a pint last night and I think it may have been on the turn: slightly harsh and bitter.

It is a superb beer though. So incredibly drinkable when it's in good nick. I understand its Bagenalstown replacement has now been brewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭MediaTank

I had a few on Wednesday afternoon and it was tip top.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭thelynchfella

BIGGGG fan of it, just wish there were more good cask beers available out there...Has hooker ever been casked?? would love to try that!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Has hooker ever been casked??
    I've had it a couple of times and it doesn't work. To get hops to come through properly on cask you need to dry-hop. The non-dry-hopped cask Hookers I've tasted have been thin and flat and green-tasting.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭thelynchfella

BeerNut wrote: »
    I've had it a couple of times and it doesn't work. To get hops to come through properly on cask you need to dry-hop. The non-dry-hopped cask Hookers I've tasted have been thin and flat and green-tasting.

awful shame that really... beautiful drink, always thought it'd be magic casked

• Advertisement
Advertisement