Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Definitive 100 - Showdown vote

Options
  • 12-03-2010 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭

As discussed in this thread, this is a poll to decide the faith of the six movies that either tied or received very few votes. To avoid this ending in more tied results I'd like everyone to discuss and vote even if you havent yet seen the actual film (but have seen trailers / read reviews, discussions, etc)

The six movies fighting a horde of zombies for your vote and their chance of survival are:

Idle Hands (1999)
    Eyes Without a Face (1960)
    Fritt Vilt [Cold Prey] (2006)
    The Living Dead at Manchester Morgue (1975)
    Dust Devil (1993)
    Blood Feast (1963)

Also just to remind people of the thread for replacements for the movies that have been voted of. This thread can be found here

Which movies should stay or go? 32 votes

Stay: Idle Hands
    0% 0 votes
    Go: Idle Hands
    9% 3 votes
    Stay: Eyes Without a Face
    12% 4 votes
    Go: Eyes Without a Face
    12% 4 votes
    Stay: Fritt Vilt (Cold Prey)
    9% 3 votes
    Go: Fritt Vilt (Cold Prey)
    6% 2 votes
    Stay:The Living Dead at Manchester Morgue
    12% 4 votes
    Go:The Living Dead at Manchester Morgue
    0% 0 votes
    Stay: Dust Devil
    12% 4 votes
    Go: Dust Devil
    15% 5 votes
    Stay: Blood Feast
    6% 2 votes
    Go: Blood Feast
    3% 1 vote

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Idle Hands (1999)
    Go.Not a proper horror and there are enough comedy horrors on the list.

Havnt seen.

Havnt seen.

You can never have enough zombies.Stay.

Dust Devil (1993)
    A classic of alternative horror cinema.Stay.

Blood Feast (1963)
    A genre defining,mould breaking movie.Stay.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Idle Hands (1999)

Given that even Evil Dead 3 didn't make it onto the list, I'm sticking up for this. There's been some weird OCD-like obsession over horror not allowing for any genre crosspollination, and I really liked the combination of stoner comedy and slasher/horror in Idle Hands. Stay.

Haven't seen it, but the reviews sound positive and it's at least potentially interesting enough to merit space on the list. Stay.

Sounds like more interesting fare than most slashers released in the last...oh, decade? Longer? Stay. I've ordered this and its sequel off Play, so shall see whether my faith is well-placed soon enough :)

Unlike ned, I disagree that there's no such thing as too many zombies. I haven't seen this, but if there's enough "horror comedy" on the list with a couple of films there are definitely enough zombie films on there without adding this to the list.

Dust Devil (1993)

Haven't seen this but it sounds interesting enough to be worth a gamble. Stay.

Blood Feast (1963)

I voted for this to go. I haven't seen it, but while it may have been influential at the time what I've read about it suggests that watching it today is a "laugh at its crappiness" kind of experience, and I'd hope our list has a higher entry bar than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭niallon

As I said in other threads I'm keeping Dust Devil in having neglected it before accidentally! Idle Hands too I love, I think it's actually one of the few horror comedies that actually puts in that extra bit of horror whereas most just use a horror premise as a platform for jokes. Eyes Without A Face is a keeper too. The rest of them I haven't seen but I don't feel they would be ones I'd be watching anytime soon.

Advertisement