Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I need pet passport to bring dogs to Italy?

Options
  • 12-03-2010 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I will be moving to Italy this summer and am bringing my two dogs. I will be driving, I know that going through England brings no issues but I am not sure what I need to go through France and Italy. I am a bit confused, do I need pet passports for them? (they will not be returning to Ireland!). The information I have found explains that if you are returning to Ireland they need a rabies shot and then blood tests six months after that, but I think you do not need to wait the six month period when going abroad, 21 days or something after the rabies shot for the blood tests?
    :confused: I am really confused as Ireland is a rabies free country but I will be travelling through France and into Italy, so if we were stopped in Italy could there be a problem?
    Does anyone have any idea?, and how much do pet passports cost?

Comments

Advertisement