Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 7 home premium re-install question.

Options
  • 12-03-2010 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

I bought windows 7 home premium a few months ago to install it on my HP Pavilion DV5 (to upgrade from vista). The copy I bought (32 bit and 64 bit)said it would install on 3 machines.

I Installed it on my laptop and also my girlfriends laptop, so i should have one install left on another machine. My laptop has become quite full and I want to do a clean install, so my question is, will this use up my last install on the windows pack I bought? Or when i go to register it, will it read the MAC on the laptop and just see it as re-install on the same machine?

Thanks for reading!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

it should by rights be activated against the same hardware

on XP there was a file called wpa.dbl which contained the authentication , so you could re-use it against the same hardware, not sure if there is similar in Windows 7

at the worst you could ring them up to activate over the phone

Advertisement