Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christening Party

Options
  • 12-03-2010 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm getting my daughter christened in 2 weeks and I have hired out a function room in a pub for the afters. I am going to do the food myself. I have organised a chipper to cook the cocktail sauages and chicken drumsticks & vegetarian spring rolls.

I'm just looking for advice... should I have the food as a buffet or hand it out myself? I am planning on having sandwiches, soup, cocktail sausages, chicken drumsticks and vol au vonts as well as some sweet stuff such as buns, chocolate biscuit cake & apple tart.

Would people get up and help themselves or would it seem like bad manners expecting them to serve themselves? It just I dont want to spend all day running around after everyone else, I want to enjoy the day myself.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 poppylily

good god woman, are you mad:). don't even dream of serving everybody. Its your day and you've just had a baby, sit back relax and enjoy the day. I'd be very surprised if any of your friends or family would let you wait on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

haha yeah i probably am mad :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Do it as a buffet and let each person serve themselves. You'll have enough on your plate without having to worry about that.

Advertisement