Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JC in a pan

Options
  • 12-03-2010 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭

Page 13 in the Metro Herald made me giggle this morning.

Who says Christians don't have a sense of humour?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

pictures or it didn't happen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

Page 411 of William of Tyre's 'history of events beyond the sea' made me laugh. Who says that medieval academics dont have a sense of humour?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭kelly1

Page 13 in the Metro Herald made me giggle this morning.

Who says Christians don't have a sense of humour?

What was the picture? Jesus in a toilet? Or a frying pan?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Saw it myself, some lad fell asleep cooking bacon, woke up to smoke everywhere and saw he had Jesus staring back at him from the fat of the pan. I noticed he even drew in a crown of thorns on the pan.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭pts

kelly1 wrote: »
    What was the picture? Jesus in a toilet? Or a frying pan?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2010/03/12/man-says-jesus-frying-pan-saved-his-life-115875-22105158/

jesus-pan-pic-caters-817105235.jpg
    :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

There you have it! If Jesus appears in a pan of bacon then that must be definitive proof that the Jewish food laws don't apply to Christians.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Either the Metro Herald's site is down or my internet connection is being a [very annoying thing].

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭pts

PDN wrote: »
    There you have it! If Jesus appears in a pan of bacon then that must be definitive proof that the Jewish food laws don't apply to Christians.

In fairness he did burn the Bacon and nearly kill the young lad. Maybe the message is that bacon is a big no no? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

I dont want to burst anyone's bubbles but the fat in that pan has clearly been interfered with, look at the eyes!

Also why is the lad wearing a suit? Poshboy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Stephentlig

for those who believe no explanation is neccesary, and for those who do not believe no explanation will Suffice. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

for those who believe no explanation is neccesary, and for those who do not believe no explanation will Suffice. :D

Au contraire - a one-word explanation suffices quite well: Coincidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

hoax is probably a better explanation

Advertisement