Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advise wanted

Options
  • 11-03-2010 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

hi i am buying my first camper and was wondering if anyone could advise me on the basic things i need to know about getting one like insuring and taxing it, is it dear or any other helpfull tips thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Wudyaquit

Mate of mine bought a VW transporter off ebay in england there last year. Seems to be quite a bit cheaper - pre-1985 is hardly any vrt and tax is negligible. The age shouldn't be a major detractor - they go forever if they're well looked after. Insurance was pretty cheap from waht I remember, esp if you've already got a car insured. Not too sure about vrt / tax on newer campers. They're mostly diesel so the emissions shouldn't be too bad, you'd imagine.
    Some campers are vans that owners have converted themselves (especially the Mercedes ones), which by all accounts should be avoided - everything is bespoke and much more difficult to replace / repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Advertisement