Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I purchase aluminium chequer plate?

Options
  • 11-03-2010 8:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

I am looking for a few scraps of chequer plate to tidy up a rear metal bumper / step on a Ford Transit for DOE, approx 3ft x 8" x 2 or 3mm .

2136092.jpg

I dont want to have to purchase a whole 8x4 sheet.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

The best bet would be to go to a body builder and see if they have any.

They might give you a few off cuts they might have lying around.

I'll be getting 2 sheets of it in the next few months and will have off cuts if you wanna wait :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Slidey wrote: »
    The best bet would be to go to a body builder and see if they have any.

They might give you a few off cuts they might have lying around.

I'll be getting 2 sheets of it in the next few months and will have off cuts if you wanna wait :)

Ill see, DOE up at the end of may, if i don't get some in the meantime ill let you know

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭quietsailor

try a metal providers like MIKO metals in Cork City they very often have offcuts out at the front of the shop going cheap so you son't need to buy a whole sheet

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭kenneths

try a metal providers like MIKO metals in Cork City they very often have offcuts out at the front of the shop going cheap so you son't need to buy a whole sheet

+1 i always use them too, top guys

• Registered Users Posts: 17 fordfocus1

i have some, pm with dimensions and i'll see if there is some big enough

• Advertisement
Advertisement