Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to work enterprise allowance

Options
  • 11-03-2010 7:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭

I have gone onto this benefit. I've registered my business name with the CRO and got my registration number. I have also sent the revenue forms off for registering for tax. I had already registered online and because I wasn't clued up, I registered for VAT. I now have cancelled that and re-registered without the VAT registration.

I need a new computer and wanted to know how I go about it. I have heard there is a grant of up to €1000 you can get, does anyone know abything about it? Or shall I go down the revenue route ? I.E. Do I buy the computer, keep the reciept and then send it to the revenue for them to refund the money? Or do I just get a percentage ?

NOTE: Mods: feel free to move this, if in wrong forum, thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Pharaoh1

I've been through this process so hope this helps.

Contact the Jobs Facilitator (they should be the person who approved you on the BTWEA) and talk to them.
    Don't buy the equipment yourself. If the Jobs Facilitator approves your request they will send you a form and you have to complete and return with a quotation for the item. The DSFA will pay the supplier directly on receipt of an invoice.
    As far as I know there is a limit of 1000 euro per annum or 75% of the cost.
    I got approval for 850 euro for a website costing around 1500 euro - only problem is that the web designer still has not been paid despite paperwork submitted early Feb.
    Maybe due to work to rule maybe normal I don't know.
    My jobs facilitator was really helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Sparky J

I think thats called the Technical Assistance and Training Fund (TAT)

Pharoh,
    Would you know if its possible to get the (TAT) grant if you have already gotten the FAS Technical Employment Support Grant which is approx 950 euro before going on the Back to Work Scheme?

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Pharaoh1

I would'nt be 100% sure but I dont think getting some other type of grant would preclude getting the TAT provided that the funding is for seperate items/services.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Mucri

I have gone onto this benefit. I've registered my business name with the CRO and got my registration number. I have also sent the revenue forms off for registering for tax. I had already registered online and because I wasn't clued up, I registered for VAT. I now have cancelled that and re-registered without the VAT registration.

I need a new computer and wanted to know how I go about it. I have heard there is a grant of up to €1000 you can get, does anyone know abything about it? Or shall I go down the revenue route ? I.E. Do I buy the computer, keep the reciept and then send it to the revenue for them to refund the money? Or do I just get a percentage ?

NOTE: Mods: feel free to move this, if in wrong forum, thanks.

Hey Kingofslaves, could you tell me pls how long did it take to go on BTWEA. I met the job facilitator once already...Docs are ready, awaiting to hear from the facilitator to get started...months I am waiting now ...this because of me working for a few weeks then back on unemployment and blablabla...long story short, from when you met the facilitator to actually be on BTWEA how long did it take? Thanks! M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭kingofslaves

Mucri, I went to power city and paid my half of the money for a new laptop and gave them the forms from the social welfare. I expected them to bring it out and send the form off to get the rest of the money. But no, I was told they have to wait for the cheque to be sent either to me or them. I paid €300 and they were paying €350, I got a call from the welfare asking which branch I went to on the following monday and presumed they would send the cheque out that day.

I went to paower city on the thursday and still no cheque, I tried calling the welfare and couldn't get through, eventually they called me and told me it would be a few weeks as the form has to go to finglas, then to accounts, then to finance dept. It looks like it's going to be about another month before I get the laptop. Good job I don't need it immediately! I said it would have been nice to know this when I applied and she said she tells everyone when they ask for a grant. I'm 100% sure she didn't and she said she tells everyone, I replied we can sit here and argue all day as to wheather she did or not, she said do I still want to go ahead with it, I said I would let her know the next day. But guess what, I still haven't managed to get through ! <names removed>

• Advertisement

Still waiting for my cheque, has been over a month now, Tried calling the office, not answering phones, sent emails, no replies, even been up to the office, person always unavailable. This is a joke as I need the new laptop now as I dropped my external hard drive, it's very sick now !

Just an update on this. Got a call from Power City yesturday saying the cheque was cleared and I could pick up my laptop. It was sent a week ago and they have to wait for it to clear like anyone else. It would have been nice for the welfare to let me know. I mean how much is a phone call or even an email ?

I've been trying to call them for the last 10 days and they never answer the phone, I sent 2 emails and even dropped a letter in. Actually I got a very good deal on it. The original price was €700 with a free 3 in one printer. When I went to pay my half I was supossed to pay €300, but they had lowered the price so I only paid €279. Then when I went to collect it I asked if I could change the printer for a external hard drive. They called Bray head officce and said if I paid €20 I could get a 320Gb one. I said deal and paid it.

I've just looked on the receipt and it says original price €699.90, paid €629.95, balance €69.95. The hard drive was €90 so that's why I had to pay the extra €20. the specs are here. So happy days for me ! Just have to make a back up of my current laptop, then transfer it over.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭sealgaire

I'm on back to enterprise now for over a year. Working on and off. Would I be able to do a Hdip for a year (while working) and still keep my back to enterprise allowance?

Well seeing as I don't know what a Hdip is I couldn't tell you, why not ask your local benefit office ?

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭sealgaire

A Higher Diploma, A uni course.

• Advertisement
Advertisement