Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raidió na Gaeltachta

Options
  • 11-03-2010 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Just curious - who listens and why?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

I don't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

Níl a fhios agam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Darlughda

Love it. An Taobh Tuaitheal is one of my favourites, came across some amazing music I would never have heard had it not been for this programme. Minimum of chat-its all about the music.
    Also its nice to hear Irish as it spoken in the Gaelteacht.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

I dip into it the odd time when driving (when not listening to i105-107 lol) . Some good chill out tunes at times.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

I'd listen to it more if it wasn't so focused on Gaeltacht matters. I know that that's in it's name, Raidió na Gaeltachta, ya. I'd love to listen to more Gaeilge on the radio, but RnaG can be just so bloody boring.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I listen to it all the time to train my ear for different dialects. I picked up my Irish with non-gaeltacht speakers, so when someone with a very strong blás is with us, I'm not immediately prepared for it. Especially the Ulster dialect which I'm still training my ear to.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,470 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Lovin this home set-up. Hung duvets to sound insulate a home broadcasting office by Máirín Ní Ghadhra

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭iniscealtra

Ceol Binn óna Beanna - great trad from 7 - 9 in the evening

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭iniscealtra

I dip in and out of many stations depending what I feel like. RnaG is one them. I don’t just listen to one all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭squonk

I dip in at times. My Irish is pretty bad but they play some great trad. I always think of RnaG as local radio for the Gaeltachts. It doesn’t cater to the wider country. It’s the same with Nuacht on RTE One and it’s all the better for it. Based in a rural area in Clare I find that some of what is covered on Nuacht can be much more relevant to my part of the world than tge main evenjng news. If I had better Irish I’d probably say the same about RnaG too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement