Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emma, Will and Ken

Options
  • 11-03-2010 3:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭

I'm just wondering what people feel about this storyline. Do you feel sorry for Ken? Do you think Ken is using Emma as much as Emma is using him or do you feel Ken has genuine feelings for Emma?

Personally, I don't really like the storyline. I think we're meant to feel sorry for Emma but I don't. I've always had the mentality of never treat someone as second best as you wouldn't like to be treated that way. That if there's nothing there then don't lie to yourself that there is because you are only hurting that person.

It's easier to root for Will because his wife is the typical soapy villain with little to no redeeming qualities. However with Emma, and I know it's bad, I kind of want to see her end up with no-one. :o

So what say the rest of ye? :D

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Emma and Ken are using each other for different reasons, Will should not be having feelings for Emma...period. He's married.....he was cheating imo.

None of them are snow white, i'm not keen on the love triangle mysef and would prefer to see such plot devices for the teens. I think a good one would be if Sue started to cruch on will....now THAT would be funny! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

ken, yeah i feel sorry for
    emma, nope no really
    will, given he doesn't know what we know, i don't really feel sorry for him.

however terri did say that until she "got pregnant" that they were on the verge of breaking up......so i can kind of understand it

still, most people cheat- with their words, bodies or emotions, so its pretty real from that aspect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Emma and Ken are using each other for different reasons, Will should not be having feelings for Emma...period. He's married.....he was cheating imo.

None of them are snow white, i'm not keen on the love triangle mysef and would prefer to see such plot devices for the teens. I think a good one would be if Sue started to cruch on will....now THAT would be funny! :-)

That's the thing though, I think it is ironically a storyline directed at teenagers even though it involves adult characters. It's such a simplistic storyline. Will is being driven into the arms of another woman by his soap like villain of a wife, while Emma is being weighed down by an unappealing slob. I think it's very much a storyline directed at teenagers.
    ken, yeah i feel sorry for
    emma, nope no really
    will, given he doesn't know what we know, i don't really feel sorry for him.

however terri did say that until she "got pregnant" that they were on the verge of breaking up......so i can kind of understand it

still, most people cheat- with their words, bodies or emotions, so its pretty real from that aspect

I did feel sorry for Will but that only happened when the Season finished it's first run in the US. But running up to that, I'd agree with you, I didn't feel sorry for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Love_Game

Nope can't say I feel sorry for any of them. Although when the story line first started of there was a bit of sympathy for Ken, but not now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    I'm just wondering what people feel about this storyline. Do you feel sorry for Ken? Do you think Ken is using Emma as much as Emma is using him or do you feel Ken has genuine feelings for Emma?

I don't feel sorry for Ken, because I get the impression that he wants to be with Emma simply because he wants a woman. Having someone on his arm is important to him, rather than having her specifically on his arm.
    He seems to be a lot about reputation and keeping up with the Jones.

I also don't feel sorry for him because he is perfectly aware he is second best to Will and still chooses to stay with Emma anyway.
    Instead of ending things, he tries to compete with Will, making him out to be a very insecure and also, cunning character.

I think Emma and Ken both use each other to fill a void in their lives - Both of them are lonely and seem to seek companionship.

• Advertisement

I don't feel sorry for Ken, because I get the impression that he wants to be with Emma simply because he wants a woman. Having someone on his arm is important to him, rather than having her specifically on his arm.
    He seems to be a lot about reputation and keeping up with the Jones.

I also don't feel sorry for him because he is perfectly aware he is second best to Will and still chooses to stay with Emma anyway.
    Instead of ending things, he tries to compete with Will, making him out to be a very insecure and also, cunning character.

I think Emma and Ken both use each other to fill a void in their lives - Both of them are lonely and seem to seek companionship.

I'm not sure, I mean I know they are like chalk and cheese but I think Ken genuinely likes her. I think it was merely a case of having a woman on his arm then he wouldn't be half as enthusiastic about the relationship as he is. For example, he wants to proudly walk down the aisle with her at a big wedding, where as she wants a shotgun wedding away from everyone she knows. He's not embarassed to be with her, but she's certainly embarassed to be with him.

I don't think there's anything wrong with him staying with Emma in spite of knowing that he's second best. He's "fighting" for her in the hope that Emma will realise that Will is off limits. Personally I would walk away for the sake of my dignity and self respect, but I can admire someone who doesn't throw in the towel so easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Whippersnapper

I don't see why Emma got into the "relationship" with Ken in the first place. Was it just to make Will jealous? If so why did she go to such extremes as agreeing to wed him when she could have just walked away? It's the one storyline I don't understand.

I don't see why Emma got into the "relationship" with Ken in the first place. Was it just to make Will jealous? If so why did she go to such extremes as agreeing to wed him when she could have just walked away? It's the one storyline I don't understand.

Desperation to feel loved I think. No idea why she agreed to marry him though. It's a poor storyline IMO, it doesn't really make any sense. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

If I was Emma, I would have taken Sandy Ryerson as a safer bet! At least she would have had good quality towels and he'd have been happy to have a wife that didn't want to touch him. Win Win!

Ken was a vile character, between the tight short shorts, the 'thong song' first dance and the rest. I hope he's not back in April and I had no sympathy for him.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,914 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Ken - sorta feel sorry for him, I mean that's a face for radio and no mistake! But I just find him a bit obnoxious so it's hard to feel too sorry for him. I think he thinks he has feelings for Emma, but he doesn't. If he 'gets the girl' it'll probably make him feel much better about himself, cos I reckon he's insecure and needs a boost!

Emma - yeah, I feel sorry for her, imagine being in love with Will and ending up with Ken? Eugh!! Although she frustrates me because she's marrying Ken, she blatently doesn't love him and is just doing it so she doesn't end up alone!

Will - I do feel sorry for, although my judgement may be clouded by the fact that I think he's a hottie :o I was sorta on the fence really until I saw 'Mattress'
    when he found the fake belly pad thing and confronted Terry was just so sad! Even though you really want it to happen!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

I don't like the triangle at all. None of them are likeable, I feel like none of them should be together. Will is married and honestly I can't see what attractive about Emma. Ken knows full well that Emma doesn't love him, yet he constantly makes her feel small, saying that nobody else would like her. Emma is just frustrating. She gets with Ken because she allows him to pressure her.

Advertisement