Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NRL 2010 Season

Options
  • 11-03-2010 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭

enough of this northern hemisphere League chitter chatter, it's Footy time :D

Being an Eastern Suburbs boy I'd love to see the chooks turn things around this year but feel a full culture change within the club may be too much in the short term.

Other than that, it's go Parra as usual in my house.

I'm guessing it will be audio only for most games unless I find feeds up on justin.tv

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Cannot believe there's no way to see NRL on TV in the UK this year. Really wish someone would pick up a game or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

yea it's pretty shocking for sure.

Still we still have 'the wireless' :p
    I know that there's a few official net stations broadcasting audio via the nrl web site but we've always enjoyed the local Sydney streamed service from http://2gb.com/ . Quite often I'd email in just before a game to say hello and they get a huge kick out of announcing on air that 'Mick & Christine from Waterford in Ireland' are listing to the footy live all the ways from the other end of the world :p. The comentary is priceless, a bunch of guys who love their footy getting carried away. Brings tears to the eyes it does :)

Edit: just noticed the 2GB direct Rugby League service: http://www.rugbyleaguelive.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

I reckon it will get picked up by a broadcaster here, if not by the start of the season (obviously they best get a move on for that!!), early on into the season.

Sky always snap up a bargain. Either that or maybe ESPN or ITV4 will come to the rescue?

And do the Warriors have a prayer this year? Tipped to finish last or second last (cronulla are supposed to be as bad) anywhere I have looked.

Now, I am off to beat myself with some kind of stick as I must be some kind of masochist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I'd fancy ESPN to pick it up at some point.
    As I've said before though, I'll never understand why Sky haven't the rights, it would fill up the schedule nicely over the weekends and Murdoch has a say in both of them, I'd've thought he'd want maximum exposure.

Bunnies hammered....well done the chooks. Good start Gregg.

• Advertisement

toomevara wrote: »
    Bunnies hammered....well done the chooks. Good start Gregg.
    thanks mate, I worked hard for that win :D

old gregg wrote: »
    thanks mate, I worked hard for that win :D

Ah the fourteenth man, so that was you...nice.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

I know a lot of us can't watch NRL over here so this is the next best thing.

http://www.youtube.com/user/tonytai2016

This guy so far has uploaded highlights of some of Round1 and Round2 matches. Enjoy what's there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Manly vs W.Tigers is a absolute cracker make sure to watch the highlights!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Stev_o wrote: »

Bet365 are showing live games for free on their website. Quality is grand.

• Advertisement

golly the Bunnies sure grabbed defeat from the hands of victory today. Rusty must be sick :(

Two nice games lined up for Sunday I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭littlesthobo

Stev_o wrote: »

http://www.youtube.com/user/tonytai2016

This guy so far has uploaded highlights of some of Round1 and Round2 matches. Enjoy what's there.

Thanks for that. Yer man seems to be uploading new videos every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭AdeT

MSK (sky 433) is showing live NRL at the weekends. On Friday morning I watched Wests v the Doggies. I think they may have taken over Setanta's deal. It's on my sports package so it's no extra expense (for now)

AdeT wrote: »
    MSK (sky 433) is showing live NRL at the weekends. On Friday morning I watched Wests v the Doggies. I think they may have taken over Setanta's deal. It's on my sports package so it's no extra expense (for now)

No channel 433 here. :(

AdeT wrote: »

Brilliant find!

amacachi wrote: »
    No channel 433 here. :(

Try doing it manually

V
    FEC 2/3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Its free for first 2 months, then supposedly a sub will be required which may cause problem for Irish viewers. If it goes to subscription, it will have to feature on the EPG, and its a bit of a worry that it sat on the EPG quite happily for a couple of months (with nothing much on it), and has now disappeared.

Their main trade looks like offering GAA to UK market so not sure whether they would bother putting it back on Irish EPG when all their GAA content will be blocked/not available here. :confused:

Still, will make the most of it while its here just in case!!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Fr Tierney

There was 2 live games this morning on Setanta sports 1 (channel 424) and also showing Wests Tigers V Roosters early tomorrow morning (5am).
    Havent noticed any games before on before this weekend but would not be really looking for them (not a massive fan of the NRL). They did show games last year too, but hopes this helps.

just finished watching the pitiful display by the Roosters :(
    ... but it raised a question for me ... early on in the game there was a kick off and the ball came very close to going over the crossbar .... what would have been the situation if it had? In other words, can you score a goal from the kick off? My guess is no but I'd never thought about it before.

just finished watching the pitiful display by the Roosters :(
    ... but it raised a question for me ... early on in the game there was a kick off and the ball came very close to going over the crossbar .... what would have been the situation if it had? In other words, can you score a goal from the kick off? My guess is no but I'd never thought about it before.
    In RU at least I'm 99% sure it's play on, so I'd assume the same in RL.

• Advertisement

Don't know about the UK, but in Ireland at least if you tune in MSK manually on Sky (a quick Google will give the settings) they've been showing NRL replays the last while, not sure what live matches they have though.

Setanta Ireland are showing replays for the last few weeks. They had the Cowbaoys game on just after it finished today. OK for us folks without Sky or Setanta Sports.

I see that the NRL channels on Justin tv are being shut down pretty quickly. Yesterday's Manly game didn't get to full time so it was back to 2GB radio ... like in the olden days.

Don't know about the UK, but in Ireland at least if you tune in MSK manually on Sky (a quick Google will give the settings) they've been showing NRL replays the last while, not sure what live matches they have though.

MSK have 5 live matches this weekend starting with Bronco's v Panthers at 10 on Friday morning.

The bro has MSK tuned in manually on his sky box at home but the last couple of days it is coming up with the message "there is a technical fault with this channel" which is strange seeing as its working perfectly for me on my free to air box. Just wondering if anyone else has the same problem??

MSK have 5 live matches this weekend starting with Bronco's v Panthers at 10 on Friday morning.

The bro has MSK tuned in manually on his sky box at home but the last couple of days it is coming up with the message "there is a technical fault with this channel" which is strange seeing as its working perfectly for me on my free to air box. Just wondering if anyone else has the same problem??

Tell him to tune it in again with the channel called "51113". It's working fine for me at least.

Tell him to tune it in again with the channel called "51113". It's working fine for me at least.

Thanks for that. It seem that the frequency has changed.

New details are

V
    FEC 2/3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cracker1985

When i went to add MSK it wouldnt save in other channels....anyone know why???

When i went to add MSK it wouldnt save in other channels....anyone know why???

Sounds strange.

The only thing i can think of is that when you searched for the channel you pressed select to add the channel. This will not do it , you need to press the yellow button to add the channel.

so, thrilled to see the Chooks back up at the sharp end of the table and hoping for a result against Parra. Mixed feelings on this one tbh 'cos Parra are a 2nd fave of mine.

there you go dooferoaks, tumble weed free zone here :D

so, thrilled to see the Chooks back up at the sharp end of the table and hoping for a result against Parra. Mixed feelings on this one tbh 'cos Parra are a 2nd fave of mine.

there you go dooferoaks, tumble weed free zone here :D

Should be a good game as both teams on good runs at the moment. If i had to call it Id say Eels to shave it though, but very hard to call. Hopeful of a Tigers win against the Sharks, both games on the box aswell, last weekend before MSK goes ppv on aug 4th

• Advertisement

MSK/Premier sports going subscription here in the UK, get your NRL now while you still can....!

Advertisement