Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To the people of Lucan

Options
  • 11-03-2010 12:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

To anybody living in the Griffeen Valley area incldn Moy Glas, Elmwood etc I am writing to plead with you if you have a house alarm that is broken PLEASE fix it or don' set it because I can honestly tell you I am being tortured with it - there is one in particular which I believe is in the Moy Glas estate that has been going off everyday for over two months - it's ridiculous - I mean if you come home from work or where ever everyday and see that your alarm had been going off is it not logical to think it must b broken? GET IT FIXED PLEASE. I work night shifts and so muct sleep during the day but I can honestly tell you I don't get to sleep, I am so exhausted with this alarm going off. I pray to God that whoever owns it reads this and gets it sorted. It's so unfair to have to hear that everyday....
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Talk to your local councillor? The Gardaí won't be able to do anything I'm afraid but an elected official might be able to do something...although I don't hold much hope.

Annoying as hell though!! :mad:

EDIT: Of course, you could always talk to your neighbour about it or post an anonymous letter if you don't want to talk to them, just make sure it's not threatening or confrontational ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rulmeq

I would gladly sign any petition to outlaw external sirens/bells. It's your damn property, get a monitored alarm if you are worried about it, but quite frankly any house with an alarm that rings all day deserves to be robbed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jnet291

Thank you ^^ I totally agree - it's ridiculous - it's just constant...it's still going right now - it's literally driving me insane!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I thought external sirens had to stop after 20 minutes?! Most of the ones in my estate cease after 20 minutes although the internal siren will go on until the occupant returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rulmeq

lord lucan wrote: »
    I thought external sirens had to stop after 20 minutes?! Most of the ones in my estate cease after 20 minutes although the internal siren will go on until the occupant returns.

15 minutes, but of course they never do. Especially the ones that ring all day. They are either badly maintained (or more likely cheaply installed). They also ring when they lose mains power.

There is no excuse in this day and age to have alarms ringing outside the building at all. If a person really cares about their property/possessions they can fit a monitored alarm service (and they don't even need an audible alarm).

These stupid security blankets are anachronisms, that never really had a place in society.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

There is nothing more annoying than house alarms going off. If one goes off, no-one cares anymore. I have one up the road and hers is always going off, a gust of wind would do it.

My neighbour and I, have each others key and alarms codes, we sometimes babysit their pets and vica versa. They can go in and switch ours off should it go off, which it never does.

You OP, have to confront the neighbour about it. Just tell them to please sort it out. At least let them trust a neighbour with keys/codes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,501 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

problem is a lot of houses are rented and the occupents don't give a damn if it goes off either do the landlords.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

If you contact the provider of the alarm, they should be able to contact the owner. A friend of mine did this a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

I do realise how annoying these are as we have a few in our estate, But my advice for sleeping during the day is to get ear plugs in the chemist.. They litrally just block everything out..

• Registered Users Posts: 15 sse

I really have sympathy for anybody living in Lucan that works nights.

What's equally as bad as the alarms are the amount of dogs left stuck out in back yards, that bark all day long.....even at weekends!!!

Some people don't care about their neighbours

• Advertisement
Advertisement