Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ken j.strong Ambiguous Crossup Tutorial

Options
  • 11-03-2010 6:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭

At the last meetup I attended at XGC, while I was playing Redman350's Chun-Li, I randomly started using j.strong as a jump in move. By pure fluke it crossed up once, but I could never reproduce the result.

I recently went into training mode and worked on it. It took me a while, but with some analysis I found out that j.strong is insanely ambiguous if done properly, and also is safe if Chun-Li attempts a reversal EX SBK

The j.strong needs to be executed with specific timing and spacing, so I made a video to show it's effects and how to execute it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Very nice. One of those tiny things that can really get in the head of your opponent. Very well explained too. :)

In the spirit of sharing that cannes has brought about, I shall do the same considering you play as ken.

A helpful thing for Ryu and Ken to know versus dhalsim. The ryu / ken hitbox is sort of broken against dhalsim. You cant do Dhalsim's BnB combo of teleport , headbutt, Medium kick and Yoga flame. You know the one. Sim does it in every match. The medium kick will knock Ryu and ken too far away which means the yoga flame will whiff......leaving dhalsim open.

Dhalsim can get around this by using crouching medium kick instead, but it has less damage and more importantly, most players will still try the regular bnb. So if you mash out a dragon punch, it will hit dhalsim.

Spamming jab is also effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

That thing is so much safer than j.MK / EX-tatsu crossup! :eek:

Still suck that Chun Li has an UNBLOCKABLE corner setup against Ken:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Very nice vid Ramza. Did you test that with chun li backdashing? Could be worth looking at asthe invincibility might allow her to get away clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I was saying that to him, but I'm pretty sure if you just OS'd the jumpin with sweep it'd beat backdash too.

Good point. The sweep would very likely kill the backdash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Backdashing would be really, really hard as it's imposssible to know which way it's going to go, even if it doesn't cross up it's still completely safe. An attempted backdash could be a forward dash without actually knowing

Backdash autocorrects a lot though

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Backdash autocorrects a lot though

Ah ok, well OS sweep it is then

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭OniKen

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    That thing is so much safer than j.MK / EX-tatsu crossup! :eek:

Still suck that Chun Li has an UNBLOCKABLE corner setup against Ken:

Ken has an increadibaly fast ex Hurricane Kick, do you think that could at least get out of danger? Or Akuma's Teleport?

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

I'm sure you can auto correct a dp to hit this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

thanks ramza this helps alot, does this work on every1 that doesn't have a 3 frame wake up (not sure am I saying it right)

The Hound wrote: »
    I'm sure you can auto correct a dp to hit this.

How do you do Chuns DP? Be good to know :P

chueytoo wrote: »
    thanks ramza this helps alot, does this work on every1 that doesn't have a 3 frame wake up (not sure am I saying it right)

You can safejump anything 4f and up (with some exceptions like Gief's EX SPD etc). As for the ambiguous crossup setup, I don't know who it works on. Found it out on Chun, didn't test it on other people. Hitbox irregularities etc
    Orim wrote: »
    How do you do Chuns DP? Be good to know :P

He's referring to the video just above Dan, the Chun df + RH thingy. Although I'm not sure if you can Hound, but then again I'm not 100% sure

I didn't think you could autocorrect DP that move, could just be cause I'm a noob though. :pac:

Ramza wrote: »

He's referring to the video just above Dan, the Chun df + RH thingy. Although I'm not sure if you can Hound, but then again I'm not 100% sure

Oh right my mistake. Wasn't paying enough attention.

I remember testing that when it first came out and I'm fairly certain Ryu/Ken can't do anything. Akumas teleport gets him away. That was a long time ago.

Akuma's j.MK UB in corner is a bastard, is there any escape for that Hound?

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Ramza wrote: »
    Akuma's j.MK UB in corner is a bastard, is there any escape for that Hound?
    Dont think so, a few vids going around of top players getting hti by it so their must be no escape.
    Ye I was referring to the chun thing, I'm sure ya can dp it. Ya can auto correct dp that everytime mid screen so why not in the corner?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 HandiCapanda

I'd imagine it would auto correct.

@ Ramza, here's a more usable link for some krazy ken stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfolrY0Lkrk

Advertisement