Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Directions to the Maher from city?

Options
  • 10-03-2010 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hey there!

I'm going for blood tests at the Maher hospital (hope that's how it's spelled) outpatients unit and was just wondering if anyone could tell me what bus to get from the city? I've heard its across from Mountjoy prison...

sounds like a delightful place :3

I've newly moved so any help would be much appreciated. Thanks! :3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

get the 10 from outside dr.quirkies on connell street and ask the driver to let you off at the hospital. its about 5 or 6 stops after o connell street

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭jelly&icecream

Its a fairly short walk. Print out a map from google maps of the city centre. You can get it to give you the shortest route as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Its the Mater Hospital, not Maher.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

panda100 wrote: »

LOL amazing how many posts it took for someone to point this out.

Us Dubs and our avoidance of the letter T wha ? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

its irrelevant really, we knew what the op was talking about

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

get the 10 from outside dr.quirkies on connell street and ask the driver to let you off at the hospital. its about 5 or 6 stops after o connell street
    The Outpatients Clinic is on the North Circular Road, at the rear of the hospital. Get a 122 from Westmorland St or O'Connell St.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Yunalesca

panda100 wrote: »

Well, thanks for pointing that out.

If only people would start pronouncing it 'Mater'

not 'Maher'

which is what I hear when dublin people talk.

And thanks for the directional advice.

LOL amazing how many posts it took for someone to point this out.

Us Dubs and our avoidance of the letter T wha ? :)

Yes.. I actually did believe it was 'Maher'..... oh well! At least I know better now!! : )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

OP just double check where you were advised to do. There is also an OP clinic on Dorset Street.

Dancor wrote: »
    OP just double check where you were advised to do. There is also an OP clinic on Dorset Street.

I was advised by the pathology unit to go to the outpatients unit, he said it was across from Mountjoy.

I could always give a buzz in the morning to double check.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Get any of the buses that go up Dorset St. - 3, 11. 16a etc, to the junction with the North Circular and walk up to the outpatients. It's not far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Yunalesca wrote: »
    I was advised by the pathology unit to go to the outpatients unit, he said it was across from Mountjoy.

I could always give a buzz in the morning to double check.

I would assume they are right so. The 122 bus will leave you right outside.

Advertisement