Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart Speedtouch 546v6 Bridge mode firmware flash

Options
  • 10-03-2010 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I am not sure if this kind of post is allowed here so if it isnt admins please delete it and please dont ban me i'm just trying to help some of your other customers out.

Firstly I would like to say smart do not support this firmware or this flashing process, If you brick your router it is your fault not smarts and not mine, do not do this if you are not prepared to brick your router and have to buy a new router.

Having said all that I have successfully flashed my speedtouch 546v6 with this firmware and set up a bridge as this firmware supports bridge mode, I also need to say that i do not get iptv from smart and the config for iptv was removed after flashing so you will need to reconfigure the modem for this, i do not recommend doing this if your get iptv from smart. and i dont know how to config iptv on the new firmware so dont ask me.

Now another thing is it is months ago since i did this and i dont remember the exact steps
    But you need to:
    1. Disable all firewalls and antivirus programs for this update
    2. set a static ip on your pc lan device i believe i used 10.0.0.1 but i could be wrong
    3. download This rar file use winrar to unrar the archive you should get a speedtouch folder (ZZQ2AA6.bin is the firmware it is version 6.2H there are newer firmwares but this is said to be the most stable, I have also included ZZQ2AA7.bin which is the latest firmware version)
    4. run upgradeST.exe (right click run as administrator in vista/7)
    5. you need to boot the modem in kernal mode which is done by turning off the modem, then holding the reset button down with a pen or similar tool and powering on the device continue to hold the button down until you see the led's flash between green and red this means it is in kernal mode this may take 10 seconds or so with the button held down
    6. hopefully "upgradeST.exe" finds your router you then select the ZZQ2AAX.bin firmware you wish to use and hopefully it will flash the router you should not under any circumstance power off the router during the flash or you WILL brick your router(my router was picky gettin the process started it didnt detect my router and timed out before i started the firmware upgrade but if your quick enough your router should be picked up if it isnt you should see the led's change from green/red back to green)

ALSO USE ETHERNET PORT 1 AND DISCONNECT FROM INTERNET AND PHONE JACK BEFORE FLASHING

all firmwares seem to be available here http://download.modem-help.co.uk/mfcs-A/Alcatel/Modems/SpeedTouch-546/v6/Firmware/

and upgrade wizard seems to be here but is included in my archive http://www.speedtouchforum.de/Daten/FW/upgradewizard/SpeedTouch_upgrade_wizard_R4421.zip

If any brave souls try this and see any steps i've missed or need updating please let me know and i'll update my post.

*I have updated my archive to include the said to be most stable 6.2H firmware (ZZQ2AA6.bin) and the latest 7.447 firmware (ZZQ2AA7.bin)

Advertisement