Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dentist in Buda

• 10-03-2010 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi all,

I just see so many poeple having issues with dentist in Ireland that I want to share my experience.
    I needed 2 implants, crowns and inlays.
    I had a fear of dentist in Ireland after having herad so many stories, and lived a bad experience myself (tooth "exploded" when he tried to pull it out, and bits coming out of the gum for a few weeks after that... )

I decided to do the big move and do the job. I tried to see a few different dentist and found one that really over satisfied my needs.
    I'm just back from the trip and delighted to have gone, for a few different reasons :

- the clinic and the "tools" : so much more modern to all what I could have seen in Ireland. I even got an ozone treatment (never heard about it before but seems very efficient).

- the staff : trying to make you as confortable as possible, from the secretaries to the oral surgeon. They really try to make your experience a good one. I was really scared before the surgery, but the surgeon took a while to explain what he was going to do,... It's a lot about feeling, but I really had a good feeling, and satisfy of the job.

- the service : they organised everything for me. Shuttles, taxis (all free), Even gave me a mobile phone to contact them in case of emergency and to be able to call me. They booked my hotels also for me (pls see below about the price)!

- The price : it was cheap. And I was able to negotiate even a cheaper price. They have discount in hotels. They even gave me some nights for free. If you PM I'm sure I can give you some tips!

And Budapest is such a nice place to stay. You can relax in the baths, go for a strall, a nice and cheap dinner :)
    I'm not working for them I swear :) I just think they go 200% to make sure your trip and experience is the best. And I just wanted to share that.

Please let me know if I can give some recommandations. I whish I could have someone to speak to before to go, but I did all my research myslef.

Thanks for reading my post.

Fred

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭georgieporgy

It's so obvious from your command of English that you are from Buda and most likely promoting your own business. give it a rest bud. The place is full of charletans and conmen. Lots of Irish mouths have been destroyed there. Do a search on this form for firsthand reports.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 freddublin

have u been there for your teeth? I'm not Irish indeed but you might think there is only poeple that don't speak English in Hungary... Strange, have u been abroad yet?
    I live in Dublin, come and meet me and I show u my teeth!!!

It's so obvious from your command of English that you are from Buda and most likely promoting your own business. give it a rest bud. The place is full of charletans and conmen. Lots of Irish mouths have been destroyed there. Do a search on this form for firsthand reports.

Actuaaly, I was just being curious and looking for these posts you're speaking about but can't find any... would you send me some links please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭georgieporgy

httpKreative Dental

Dentist disaster in Budapest

these are just a couple examples from other posters. I have seen first hand examples of Buda dentistry in the mouths of patients in my own surgery.

And yes I have been abroad.

PS i didn't attach the links properly so they won't lead you to the thread, but search for posts with those words and you will find them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

I had a fear of dentist in Ireland after having herad so many stories, and lived a bad experience myself (tooth "exploded" when he tried to pull it out, and bits coming out of the gum for a few weeks after that... )

i was listening to newstalk one day, and pj gallagher was on talking about getting a wisdom tooth extracted, saying it was like getting shot in the face. at that time, i was taking a wisdom tooth out and burst out laughing 10 inches from the patient's face!
    - the clinic and the "tools" : so much more modern to all what I could have seen in Ireland. I even got an ozone treatment (never heard about it before but seems very efficient).

yeah. the tools in ireland are, like, so whatever, 80s n stuff?
    - the staff : trying to make you as confortable as possible, from the secretaries to the oral surgeon. They really try to make your experience a good one. I was really scared before the surgery, but the surgeon took a while to explain what he was going to do,... It's a lot about feeling, but I really had a good feeling, and satisfy of the job.

dunno about you georgie, but i greet everyone with a good stiff kick in the shins. that'll learn 'em.
    - the service : they organised everything for me. Shuttles, taxis (all free), Even gave me a mobile phone to contact them in case of emergency and to be able to call me. They booked my hotels also for me (pls see below about the price)!

so the surgeon is (part) owner of a hotel?
    And Budapest is such a nice place to stay. You can relax in the baths, go for a strall, a nice and cheap dinner :)

so restaurants are cheaper there too?? well at least that's taking some flak off dentists here!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Big_G

Just so you know, Fred, the first significant studies into the use of ozone were done in Belfast. Not Budapest. So give it a rest with your more modern equipment rubbish. This topic has been done to death. The regular contributors must be bored of it at this stage.

I'm not surprised to get this kind of answers from people I guess are dentists themselves.
    What I wanted to do is share a great experience.
    I've met a few Irish and English people there that were delighted to be able to afford some new teeth!
    I know there is some not too reliable dentists there or some just after your money. I met one of them in Dublin. The the one that looked after me was not that kind I guess. I met an irish lady there getting a lot of work done and had been going there for a while. She never had any problem.

Can I ask a quick question?v If ozone treatment was invented in Belfast, why none of the irish dentist I went to (2 to get teeth pulled) are using it?

Two reasons I would think:
    1) it is very expensive to get set up with the system.
    2) some dentists question its purported abilities and/or usefulness for all patients.

I personally know of three clinics that have HealOzone and use it either routinely or for paediatric cases. I practice in a very high tech surgery but we don't have HealOzone.

We (dentists on this forum) cannot recommend going to Budapest for dentistry as we have all seen the bad results. In my experience, the bad cases have significantly outweighed the good cases, and that includes some patients who just came in for routine checks, not just the ones with problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Bicycle

Fred,

I'm not a dentist.

But I'd like to share my very positive experiences with my dentist. He's only down the road, I don't have to take a valium to get on a plane to see him, he doesn't need to collect me from my hotel because I don't have to stay in one.

When I'm receiving treatment he makes me laugh and smile (I've had to take my asthma inhaler on occasion I've been laughing so much while in the chair and I was a serious dental phobe before I met this man).

If something goes wrong - a pain, an issue with a tooth. I can ring him and say I'm worried. And he'll usually fit me in - even if only for a 5 minute reassuring chat - within the next 24 hours.

If I need clarification, my dentist can explain in suitable terms, what he is talking about. We don't have a language barrier. And I feel comfortable because I know I'm in a familiar environment.

Speaking to many other people, I know my situation is typical rather than atypical of Ireland.

Sin é.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pontypandy1

Dentist Budapest :Guys , I have no vested Interest in either side of the debate other than obviously needing to get what i fear could be prohibitively expensive dental work done in Ireland . I think it would be foolhardy to suggest that Irish dentist aren’t of extremely high international standards ,but whether is due to operating costs or what they pay themselves (and they should be well paid) the fact is that the costs to patients here can simply be out of someone’s reach. What should we do “not grin and bear it” I don’t think anyone rational would countenance travelling so far unless they had no option and it a pity we can’t get a real review from people other than partisan Irish dentists and someone working on behalf of the Hungarian dental company’s engaged in tit for tat “ your rubbish no your rubbish” posts. Really appreciate some real customer/ patient feedback:confused:

• Advertisement

How about we don't. It'll just attract the shills and the Irish dentistry bashers. Please don't dig up old threads to ask these types of troublesome questions, that's called necroposting and is frowned upon here. You're new here so you don't understand that this issue is nothing but trouble and has been done to death, so we will not be going down that road again thanks.

Search the forum like you did to find this thread and you should find enough information to satisfy you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement