Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win tickets to Devious Theatre's Can't Pay? Won't Pay! in Kilkenny's Set Theatre

Options
  • 10-03-2010 1:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭

cpwp-web-promo-4.jpg

I'm delighted to be able to offer two pairs of tickets for Friday night's performance of the Devious Theatre's production of Dario Fo's Can't Pay? Won't Pay! in the Set Theatre, John St, Kilkenny.

Having seen their last few productions, I can guarantee you a brilliant theatre experience. I'll be going to the same showing meself :)
    cpwp-web-promo-3.jpg

Can’t Pay? Won’t Pay! tells the story of two working class women, Antonia and Margherita, who are frustrated by rising prices and struggling to make ends meet.

Along with the other women in their neighbourhood, they decide to rebel against the cost of living by taking goods without paying. However, hiding the shoplifting spree from their husbands and the pursuing authorities might prove a little trickier than expected.

The cast includes Angela Barrett, Ross Costigan, Hazel Fahy, Ken McGuire and David Thompson.

The production is directed by John Morton who previously directed Accidental Death Of An Anarchist and Trainspotting for Devious Theatre.

cpwp-web-promo-2.jpg

Like our production of Accidental Death Of An Anarchist, we’ll be exploring the themes of Can’t Pay? Won’t Pay! through the prism of modern Irish life, drawing on the themes of unemployment, strikes, union interference and the dire situations we currently find ourselves in.

Tickets have just gone on sale and can be bought in Rollercoaster Records, Kieran Street, Set Theatre, John Street with bookings on 056 – 7765133. Tickets can also be booked online through www.devioustheatre.com, where you can also find all updates on the production over the next few weeks.

To be in with a chance of winning, just put your name below with something to make me smile. Creativity is appreciated :)

I'll pick and inform the winners on Friday afternoon. Open to all members of Boards.ie!

Advertisement